LAFC Announces Theme Nights for Remaining Home Matches in September
The Los Angeles Football Club (LAFC) today announced theme nights for the remaining home matches in September.
Throughout September, LAFC is observing Kick Childhood Cancer month, a campaign that strives to strengthen research efforts to find cures for all types of childhood cancer and provide support to one of the most vulnerable populations affected by the COVID-19 pandemic. In support of the initiative, the Club recently donated 50 Black & Gold jersey gowns to local Kaiser Permanente pediatric oncology patients. Throughout the month, first team players will also be attending virtual appearances with patients.
The month-long campaign will also feature a commemorative gold ribbon on the adidas 2020 MLS Nativo XXV Official Match Ball to be used during all matches, as well as gold corner flags and goal nets. Kick Childhood Cancer gold captain's armbands and gold ribbon jersey patches will be worn by the players. LAFC has also partnered with the Austen Everett Foundation to honor an LAFC virtual hero for the Club's home matches in September. Content from this year's Kick Childhood Cancer initiatives can be viewed here.
The Club will kick off Hispanic Heritage Month celebrations on Wednesday, September 23 when LAFC takes on the Vancouver Whitecaps at Banc of California Stadium. Hispanic Heritage celebrations will be integrated into local broadcast shows, match day posters and the Club's social channels. Themed in-stadium LED and videoboard graphics will reflect the initiative as well as the evening's honorary falconer. More information on how the Club is celebrating Hispanic Heritage Month can be found here.
LAFC will honor First Responders and Firefighters on Sunday, September 27 against San Jose Earthquakes. In support of both wildfire and COVID-19 relief efforts, the Club will host non-profit donations through the Los Angeles Fire Department (LAFD) and the American Red Cross. On match day, the Club will honor those serving with a moment of silence before kickoff along with the falcon flight.
For more information, please visit www.lafc.com.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from September 21, 2020
- Earthquakes Weekly Update: September 21, 2020 - San Jose Earthquakes
- LAFC Announces Theme Nights for Remaining Home Matches in September - Los Angeles FC
- Portland Timbers Midfielder Diego ValeriVoted MLS Player of the Week - MLS
- Timbers Midfielder Diego Valeri Named MLS Player of the Week - Portland Timbers
- Colorado Rapids vs San Jose Earthquakes: Keys to the Match: September 23, 2020 - Colorado Rapids
- By the Numbers: Aiming for a New Club Record - Orlando City SC
- Lions Continue to Climb the Table - Orlando City SC
- Sporting KC Weekly - Sporting Kansas City
- Nashville SC Undeterred After Loss to Eastern Conference Leaders Columbus Crew SC - Nashville SC
- Houston Dynamo Transfer Alberth Elis to Boavista FC in Portugal - Houston Dynamo
- FC Cincinnati Weekly Update: September 21, 2020 - FC Cincinnati
- Lion's Share Hospitality to bring Exciting Food and Beverage Options to FC Cincinnati Fans - FC Cincinnati
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Los Angeles FC Stories
- LAFC Falls to the Seattle Sounders FC 3-1 in First Round of Audi 2020 MLS Cup Playoffs
- LAFC Travels to Face Seattle Sounders FC Tomorrow in Round One of the Audi 2020 MLS Cup Playoffs
- LAFC Prepares for Playoffs with for Los Angeles Specials at L.A. Restaurants
- LAFC Collaborates with Postmates to Bring Gear to Fans' Doorsteps
- LAFC's Diego Rossi Named to 2020 MLS Best XI