LAFC Announces Community Partnership with WSS
The Los Angeles Football Club (LAFC) and WSS, a premier footwear and apparel retailer founded in Los Angeles, announced today a multi-year partnership focused on the mutual alignment and active involvement in the L.A. community.
"LAFC is proud to partner with WSS to make a meaningful impact in the City of Los Angeles," LAFC President and Owner Tom Penn said. "WSS is a leader in our community and together, we will continue our mission to be a force for good in our city."
LAFC and WSS will host local community events in the Los Angeles metro area with ties to the LAFC Academy and LAFC Street Team. WSS will also be present and involved at Official LAFC Fan Fests at Banc of California Stadium this year, as well as host co-sponsored first team player appearances at various WSS retail stores.
"Soccer has a strong impact in our communities, and WSS is devoted to a game that is so meaningful to our neighborhoods" said Rick Mina, WSS President. "With the support of LAFC, we are extremely excited to further drive energy in that goes beyond selling shoes."
For LAFC, the partnership is another example of ways in which the Club continues to embrace and remain committed to L.A.-based companies focused on making a difference in the community. LAFC branded apparel is now available to LAFC fans at WSS stores in Los Angeles.
As part of its mission for over 34 years, and with the support of LAFC, WSS will continue to do business in neighborhood-based stores and give back to the communities they serve.
"WSS has a consistent commitment to giving back to the communities we serve," said Eric Alon, WSS CEO & Founder. "This partnership brings a progressive and empowering way to connect with our neighborhoods, using sports and community as a unifying force."
The community partnership represents the latest in a series of major community engagement initiatives and activations for LAFC with the constant focus of uniting the world's city through the world's game.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from May 9, 2019
- Timbers Weekly Update: May 9, 2019 - Portland Timbers
- Philadelphia Union Receive $175,000 in General Allocation Money from Nashville SC - Philadelphia Union
- LAFC Launches "Women in Sports Week" - Los Angeles FC
- New York Red Bulls Sign New York Native Alex Muyl to New MLS Contract - New York Red Bulls
- Know Your Opponent | Atlanta United - Orlando City SC
- LAFC Announces Community Partnership with WSS - Los Angeles FC
- Brad Friedel Relieved of Duties as New England Revolution Head Coach - New England Revolution
- LAFC Announces Time Change for Home Match against Galaxy - Los Angeles FC
- TeleXitos to Televise Dynamo Away Games in Spanish - Houston Dynamo
- Time Changed for Columbus Home Game - FC Cincinnati
- Columbus Crew SC Announces Time Change for August 25th Road Match against FC Cincinnati - Columbus Crew SC
- Impact Comes from Behind to Defeat Red Bulls 2-1 in New Jersey - Montreal Impact
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Los Angeles FC Stories
- LAFC to Host San Jose Earthquakes in Round of 16 of U.S. Open Cup on Thursday, June 20
- LAFC Defeats Real Salt Lake 3-0 to Advance in Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup
- LAFC Announces Angel City Brewery as the Club'sofficial Craft Beer Partner
- LAFC Travels to Face Real Salt Lake in the Fourth Round of the U.S. Open Cup on Tuesday, June 11
- LAFC Transfers Midfielder Andrehorta to SC Braga