LAFC Announces BODYARMOR as the Club'sofficial Sports Drink Partner
The Los Angeles Football Club (LAFC) today introduced BODYARMOR as the Club's official sports drink partner. The multi-year partnership will take immediate effect ahead of the Club's 2020 season.
"We are thrilled to welcome BODYARMOR to the Black & Gold family," said LAFC President and Co-Owner Tom Penn. "BODYARMOR is an innovative and forward-thinking beverage brand and we look forward to working together to bring superior hydration to our players in the upcoming season."
As part of the partnership, BODYARMOR will have a presence throughout Banc of California Stadium and the Club's Performance Center, hydrating both the First Team and the LAFC Youth Academy players. BODYARMOR's logo and branding will be featured on coolers, cups, squirt bottles and towels on the sidelines starting January 25 for the Club's first pre-season friendly against Uruguayan side Club Atlético Peñarol.
Earlier today during a partnership kickoff event at Banc of California Stadium, MLS and BODYARMOR announced their new youth soccer initiative which commences during the league's landmark 25th season. Joining forces with MLS to support youth soccer programs including LAFC's Academy program, BODYARMOR is set to fully support academy coaches and team managers with sideline equipment and essential hydration needs.
Following today's announcement, MLS and BODYARMOR hosted members of the LAFC U-12 youth academy team for a skills challenge and penalty kick competition versus participating MLS players and BODYARMOR investor, Kobe Bryant. Images and video from the event can be found here.
BODYARMOR was announced in September 2019 as the "Official Sports Drink" of Major League Soccer in the U.S. starting in January 2020. It is the largest multi-year partnership in BODYARMOR history.
A premium sports drink with potassium-packed electrolytes, antioxidants and coconut water made with no artificial flavors, sweeteners and no colors from artificial sources, BODYARMOR is now the No. 2 sports drink sold in US convenience stores nationwide. It is also the official sports drink of UFC and boasts an athlete partner roster including Mike Trout, James Harden, Megan Rapinoe and Diana Taurasi. Just recently, BODYARMOR announced Baker Mayfield and Naomi Osaka as the brand's newest athlete partners and shareholders.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from January 15, 2020
- LAFC Acquires Dutch Goalkeeper Kenneth Vermeer - Los Angeles FC
- Sounders FC Becomes Founding Partner of Seattle Chapter of Women in Sports and Events - Seattle Sounders FC
- Real Salt Lake Signs Homegrown Forward Milan Iloski - Real Salt Lake
- Houston Dynamo Announce 2020 Promotional Schedule - Houston Dynamo
- Flores, Loria, Paredes Called up for International Matches - Portland Timbers
- LA Galaxy Sign Goalkeeper Eric Lopez to Homegrown Player Contract - LA Galaxy
- D.C. United Announce 2020 Preseason Schedule - D.C. United
- Nashville SC Signs Tah Brian Anunga - Nashville SC
- LAFC Announces BODYARMOR as the Club'sofficial Sports Drink Partner - Los Angeles FC
- BODYARMOR Becomes Official Sports Drink of the New York Red Bulls - New York Red Bulls
- Earthquakes Announce 2020 Preseason Schedule - San Jose Earthquakes
- BODYARMOR, Kobe Bryant and MLS Players Kick off Major League Soccer Partnership - MLS
- BODYARMOR Becomes Official Sports Drink of D.C. United - D.C. United
- BODYARMOR Becomes Official Sports Drink of Inter Miami CF - Inter Miami CF
- BODYARMOR Becomes Official Sports Drink of Nashville SC - Nashville SC
- BODYARMOR Becomes Official Sports Drink of FC Cincinnati - FC Cincinnati
- BODYARMOR Becomes Official Sports Drink of Philadelphia Union - Philadelphia Union
- Revolution Hire 98.5 the Sports Hub Anchor Mike "Sarge" Riley as Public Address Announcer - New England Revolution
- Bodyarmor Becomes Official Sports Drink of Houston Dynamo - Houston Dynamo
- BODYARMOR Becomes Official Sports Drink of Chicago Fire FC - Chicago Fire
- Chicago Fire FC Announces Technical Staff Additions - Chicago Fire
- Impact Completes Permanent Transfer of Ballou Tabla - Montreal Impact
- D.C. United and Leidos Extend Presenting Partner Agreement - D.C. United
- 2020 FC Cincinnati Match Tickets Now Available to the Public - FC Cincinnati
- Whitecaps FC and Midfielder Jon Erice Mutually Agree to Part Ways - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Los Angeles FC Stories
- Southern California Sports Unite with a Message for Los Angeles Area Fans
- LAFC & Galaxy to Host L.A. Charity FIFA Challenge on Sunday, March 29
- LAFC Statement on MLS Season Suspension and 2020 CONCACAF Champions League Match
- The Rivalry Grows: MLS All-Star Skills Challenge to Feature MLS vs. Liga Mx
- LAFC and Philadelphia Union Draw 3-3 on Sunday Night