LA Sparks Partner with Lyceum Village to Introduce All-Girls' Basketball Clinics to Orange County
IRVINE, CA - The Los Angeles Sparks and the Lyceum Village today announce a partnership to bring elite all-girls basketball clinics to Orange County. The first two clinics will be held March 26 - 30 and April 2 - 6 at the Village, 14281 Chambers Road, Tustin, CA 92780.
The Los Angeles Sparks and the Lyceum Village have come together to address the challenges of girls-only basketball participation while providing a balanced learning environment involving professional female athletes and outstanding educators. This effort will include the engagement that supports optimal child development. At the same time, it will reinforce the importance of fundamentals and offer the best in-class instruction.
"We are thrilled about the opportunity to leverage the Sparks brand and platform to continue to influence and enhance the female basketball landscape. This fantastic initiative, led by LA Sparks Senior Manager of Inside Sales and Youth Basketball Programs Kristen Welch, will empower young people in Tustin, Irvine and its surrounding communities while bringing awareness to Lyceum Village and their mission," said LA Sparks President & COO, Christine Simmons.
Through its year-round after-school program, Lyceum Village puts all the best learning activities, athletics and support systems in one place, offering the most successful teachers and sought-out pre-existing programs in a single location, providing a nurturing peer group of high-achieving students. The Lyceum Village is a true support structure as it can take a village to raise a successful child. It takes dedicated parents, inspiring high-level teachers, and positive peer influences. The partnership works to expand the support system for optimal childhood development.
"We are extremely excited to become partners with the Los Angeles Sparks! At Lyceum Village, we are building a solid foundation for our youth by offering LA Sparks basketball along with our academics, arts, and music activities. Together, we will shape the future of young women by providing a well-rounded educational environment," said Lyceum Village CEO Darlene Mizumoto.
To register for the Spring Break sessions, please visit sparks.wnba.com or Lyceumvillage.com.
• Discuss this story on the Women's National Basketball Association message board...
Women's National Basketball Association Stories from March 6, 2018
- Mercury Acquires Former Sun Devil Great Briann January - Phoenix Mercury
- Minnesota Lynx Acquire Guard Danielle Robinson and 2019 Second Round Pick for a 2018 First Round Pick - Minnesota Lynx
- Mercury Acquires 2018 First-Round Pick from Lynx - Phoenix Mercury
- LA Sparks Partner with Lyceum Village to Introduce All-Girls' Basketball Clinics to Orange County - Los Angeles Sparks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Los Angeles Sparks Stories
- LA Sparks Partner with Lyceum Village to Introduce All-Girls' Basketball Clinics to Orange County
- LA Sparks Announce 2018 Preseason Schedule
- Tiffany Jackson Re-Signs with LA Sparks
- LA Sparks Announce Michael Fischer as Assistant General Manager
- LA Sparks Sign Top WNBA Free Agent Cappie Pondexter