LA Galaxy Cup Returns to Orange County Great Park
LOS ANGELES - The LA Galaxy Cup is returning to Orange County Great Park after its inaugural run in 2018. The club's premier international youth tournament is set to begin on Wednesday, April 17, concluding on Sunday, April 21.
"We're very excited for the second year of LA Galaxy Cup," said LA Galaxy President Chris Klein. "In our first run, we welcomed top international academies from across the world as we put on one of the finest youth soccer tournaments ever hosted in Southern California. We're looking forward to another world-class tournament at Orange County Great Park."
This year's attendees include LA Galaxy Academy, Sevilla FC, Minnesota United, Sporting KC, San Diego Surf, St. Louis Scott Gallagher and more, with additional teams still yet to be announced. Registration for LA Galaxy Cup is open at www.lagalaxycup.com.
The LA Galaxy Cup showcases athletes from boys' and girls' development academies and club teams from around the world at the U-12 - U-19 level at Orange County Great Park. Great Park has 18 fields, including a soccer-specific stadium with 5,000 seats to showcase top matches all in one location.
In addition to the LA Galaxy Academy teams, the tournament will feature a number of LA Galaxy Alliance Clubs from Southern California. The LA Galaxy Alliance Club Program is an extensive soccer development initiative for youth clubs that gives its members the best resources to reach their soccer and community potential.
Last year's winners are as follows:
Boys' U-11 Club: Los Angeles United Football Academy
Boys' U-12 DA1: Strikers USSDA 06 Red
Boys' U-12 DA2: Strikers FC USSDA 06 Black
Boys' U-12 Club: Pumas USA Pumas Kickers FC
Boys' U-13 Club: Inter-America Academy
Boys' U-14 DA International: FC Porto
Boys' U-14 DA: Scottsdale Soccer 04B Blackhawks ECNL
Boys' U-15 DA International: Real Salt Lake U-15's
Boys' U-15 Club: Scottsdale Soccer 03B Blackhawks ECNL
Boys' U-16 Club: LA Galaxy South Bay B02 Elite
Boys' U-17 Club: Sacramento United 01B Red
Men's U-18 Club: LA Galaxy OC B00 Premier Tutton
Men's U-19 Club: Force 99/00 B Academy II
LA Galaxy Season Ticket Memberships for the 2019 Major League Soccer season are now available. Galaxy fans can go to www.lagalaxy.com/since96 to secure their 2019 LA Galaxy Season Ticket Memberships. Fans can also call 1.877.3GALAXY (342.5299) and press 2 when prompted to secure Season Ticket Memberships.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from February 15, 2019
- Atlanta United Unveils "Star & Stripes" Kit for 2019 - Atlanta United FC
- Timbers Goalkeeper Aljaz Ivaic Undergoes Successful Surgery to Repair Left Tibial Stress Fracture - Portland Timbers
- LA Galaxy Cup Returns to Orange County Great Park - LA Galaxy
- Impact Takes on Philadelphia Union Saturday Afternoon at Al Lang Stadium - Montreal Impact
- Whitecaps FC Bring Back MLS All-Star Striker Fredy Montero - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Impact to Visit Schools in 14th Edition of All the Way with the Impact Program - Montreal Impact
- FC Cincinnati Loans Tommy McCabe to North Carolina FC - FC Cincinnati
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent LA Galaxy Stories
- LA Galaxy Postgame Notes: LA Galaxy 3, Minnesota United FC 2
- LA Galaxy Midfielder Jonathan dos Santos Called up to Mexican National Team
- LA Galaxy Midfielder Sebastian Lletget Called up to U.S. Men's National Team
- LA Galaxy Postgame Notes: LA Galaxy 0, FC Dallas 2 - Saturday, March 9, 2019
- LA Galaxy Sign Forward Ethan Zubak