LA Galaxy and Dignity Health Sports Park Name El Silencio Their Exclusive Mezcal Partner
LOS ANGELES - The LA Galaxy and the team's home stadium, Dignity Health Sports Park, named Mezcal El Silencio, a specially crafted, Los Angeles-based mezcal label, as a strategic new partner today. The multi-year agreement, brokered by AEG Global Partnerships, makes Silencio the exclusive mezcal of both the multi-use sports stadium and the club. Additionally, Silencio will be named an official partner across four iconic Los Angeles music venues operated by AEG Presents, including: The Roxy Theater, The Shrine Auditorium & Expo Hall, The Fonda Theater and The El Rey Theater. Silencio is the first mezcal ever to strike a partnership of this kind with a professional sports team, solidifying the brand's position as a creative leader in the mezcal category.
"Silencio is a disruptor brand, so it's only fitting that our very first sponsorship also represents the first mezcal partnership for any professional sports team and stadium," says Fausto Zapata, CEO and co-founder of Mezcal El Silencio. "We founded the company in Los Angeles, so we are eager to put our stake in the ground in our very own backyard, or field, with LA Galaxy. This year at all of the games and events at Dignity Health Sports Park, Silencio will be the exclusive mezcal, and you can expect to experience the brand in a way that truly goes beyond the bottle and beyond your wildest and most outrageous imagination."
As part of the agreement, Silencio will open the newly constructed Mezcaleria El Silencio, a custom bar located prominently on the main concourse of Dignity Health Sports Park. Built and designed in-house by the creative team at Silencio, the one-of-a kind branded space will feature cutting-edge technology, experiential storytelling moments, as well as a beautiful - and very hidden - speakeasy, which will become an immersive experience like no other to the few who are lucky enough to find it. In addition to its innovative construction and design, Mezcaleria El Silencio will also give fans a hands-on opportunity to experience the rich heritage and artisanal craftsmanship of Silencio via exclusive cocktails on tap. Patrons can expect classic cocktails with a Silencio twist, all curated specifically for the bar and with Galaxy fans in mind. Complete with first-class service, premium cocktails and tastings, Mezcaleria El Silencio will bring LA Galaxy fans the ultimate game day experience.
"El Silencio is a best-in-category partner that shares our commitment not only to growing the sport of soccer, but also to elevating the fan experience for our loyal Galaxy fans," said Robert Vartan, senior director, AEG Global Partnerships. "Working together through this first-of-its-kind partnership, we look forward to elevating the game day experience and adding value to our fans with their topnotch mezcal offerings and unconventional activations."
The sports market in Los Angeles has grown exponentially over the last decade as the home to 11 professional and major college franchises. Despite the highly saturated and competitive landscape, the LA Galaxy has been able to stand out, growing both its team and fan base into one of the most passionate and highly engaged audiences in the entire MLS. With both the club and soccer being major points of interest for Angelenos, the LA Galaxy represents a significant opportunity to introduce the Silencio brand to soccer-loving fans. Using soccer as a passion point, the partnership will help Silencio engage its target audience and strengthen its ties to the dynamic sports community across Southern California. Additionally, the new relationship will aim to reinforce Silencio's status as a world-class mezcal and creator of unforgettable game-day experiences.
The partnership also includes enhanced brand presence for Silencio across the LA Galaxy and numerous Dignity Health Sports Park assets. As the exclusive mezcal partner, El Silencio will receive in-stadium and in-game visibility during each club MLS regular season home game. El Silencio will also have the opportunity to engage local soccer fans via brand-tailored activations at Dignity Health Sports Park throughout the course of the agreement.
As an official partner of The Roxy Theater, The Shrine Auditorium, The Fonda Theater, and The El Rey Theater, Silencio will also be strategically integrated throughout the live event experience at all four music venues. Fans can expect to see the mezcal label brought to life via vibrant signage and various consumer touchpoints, including promotions, custom drink opportunities, engaging experiential activations and immersive events that allow fans to experience the Silencio brand up close and personal.
ABOUT MEZCAL EL SILENCIO
Mezcal El Silencio revived the ancient art of mezcal, pioneering a unique approach and delivering the hand-crafted spirit to a new generation of creative drinkers and cultural innovators. Founded in Santa Monica in 2013, the company creates its mezcal in Oaxaca, Mexico, using the traditional process carried on by generations of mezcaleros. Meticulously picked agaves are roasted, crushed, and double distilled resulting in a full-bodied flavor. El Silencio goes beyond the bottle, transforming the ordinary and disrupting the status quo. For more information, visit www.silencio.com, Instagram, Twitter and Facebook. #MESBlackMagic
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from February 20, 2019
- Montreal Draws 0-0 against the Tampa Bay Rowdies - Club de Foot Montreal
- Orlando Claims Inaugural Orlando City Invitational Trophy - Orlando City SC
- Timbers Continue Mobile Mini Sun Cup against Phoenix Rising FC - Portland Timbers
- Revolution Fall to Orlando City SC in Final Match of Orlando City Invitational - New England Revolution
- Lamah's late goal equalizes as Orange and Blue stay atop Carolina Challenge Cup standings - FC Cincinnati
- Red Bulls Take Road Victory in SCCL Leg 1 - New York Red Bulls
- Chicago Fire Battle FC Cincinnati to a 1-1 Draw in Carolina Challenge Cup - Chicago Fire FC
- Acosta, Rosenberry and Rubio Pen Long-Term Deals with Colorado - Colorado Rapids
- Game Notes: Sounders FC vs. Club Nacional (International Friendly) - February 20, 2019 - Seattle Sounders FC
- Fan-Focused Menu Options Coming to Houston Dynamo & Dash Home Games - Houston Dynamo FC
- LA Galaxy Announce Loans for Bradford Jamieson IV and Joao Pedro - LA Galaxy
- FC Dallas Beats Real Salt Lake 2-1 - FC Dallas
- Real Salt Lake Falls 2-1 to FC Dallas in Mobile Mini Sun Cup - Real Salt Lake
- Timbers Acquire Paraguayan International Jorge Moreira on Loan - Portland Timbers
- FC Dallas Opens 2019 MLS Season with Innovative Culinary Enhancements at Toyota Stadium - FC Dallas
- Sounders FC Announces Complete Regional Broadcast Lineup for 2019 Season - Seattle Sounders FC
- LA Galaxy and Dignity Health Sports Park Name El Silencio Their Exclusive Mezcal Partner - LA Galaxy
- LA Galaxy Partner with On the Ball to Provide Complimentary Feminine Hygiene Products - LA Galaxy
- LAFC Named to Fast Company's Annual List of the World's Most Innovative Companies for 2019 - Los Angeles FC
- Late Goal Gives Dynamo Crucial 1-0 Win on the Road in Champions League - Houston Dynamo FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent LA Galaxy Stories
- LA Galaxy Fall on the Road to Minnesota United FC on Saturday Night
- Los Angeles Releases Official Campaign Video in Bid to Host FIFA World Cup 2026™
- LA Galaxy Fight Back to Earn 1-1 Draw at Home against Houston Dynamo FC at Dignity Health Sports Park on Wednesday Night
- LA Galaxy 2022 Season Ticket Memberships on Sale Now
- LA Galaxy Defender Oniel Fisher Called up to Jamaica Men's National Team