Know Your Opponent | LA Galaxy
City's 5-1 win over Cincinnati is now in the rearview mirror and the focus shifts to Friday's match at home against the LA Galaxy. City will be looking to stay hot after a dominating win on Sunday, meanwhile, LA Galaxy is coming off of a loss to a Colorado side that hadn't won in 2019 prior to their meeting. This meeting will be City's last home game until July 3rd unless the club hosts an Open Cup match. Here is what you need to know about Friday's opponent:
The Galaxy had a little bit of a quieter offseason in terms of bringing players in compared to previous years but they were able to acquire Joe Corona, Juninho, and Uriel Antuna.
The offseason headlines really came from the names that left. Ashley Cole, Ola Kamara, Baggio Husidic and Giovani dos Santos all left.
Who's Hot, Who's Not?
LA's Zlatan Ibrahimovic is in form with nine goals so far in 10 games played (second in MLS only to Carlos Vela who has 14 goals). The bad news for the Galaxy, he's not playing on Friday due to suspension. LA's second-best goal scorer is Daniel Steres who has three goals and he's a defender.
The Galaxy are coming off an alarming loss to a Colorado side who had yet to win a game in 2019. Even worse, they were shutout by a Rapids defense who had given up 30 goals in 11 games before that. LA are 1-4-0 in their last five matches.
All-time, City are 2-2-0 against the Galaxy.
Fun Fact presented by Rasmussen College
City has won both meetings against the Galaxy at home. The first win was a memorable one with City claiming its first home win in MLS to the tune of 4-0. The other win was back in 2017 with goals from Will Johnson and Cyle Larin.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from May 22, 2019
- MNUFC Depth on Display in 1-0 Loss to Hertha Berlin - Minnesota United FC
- D.C. United Fall to Real Betis 5-2 in a Friendly at Audi Field - D.C. United
- Red Bulls and Vancouver End in 2-2 Draw - New York Red Bulls
- 'Caps earn another road point in exciting match versus New York Red Bulls - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Atlanta United Named 'Sports Team of the Year' at 2019 Sports Business Awards - Atlanta United FC
- The Goal King: Chris Wondolowski Cements His Place in MLS History: Week 13 MLS News & Notes - MLS
- Chicago Fire Midfielder PrzemysÅ?aw Frankowski Called up to Poland National Team - Chicago Fire FC
- Game on Saturday, June 1 at Stade Saputo Moved to 5pm - Club de Foot Montreal
- Major League Soccer Celebrates Soccer for All Month - MLS
- Major League Soccer Celebrates Soccer for All Month - D.C. United
- Major League Soccer Celebrates Soccer for All Month - Orlando City SC
- Mexican National Team Members and Award-Winning Singer Luis Coronel to Headline Fan Fest at Inaugural MexTour Live in Dallas on June 7 - FC Dallas
- Know Your Opponent | LA Galaxy - Orlando City SC
- Sebas Mendez Called up to Ecuador's Copa America Squad - Orlando City SC
- LA Galaxy Defender Julian Araujo Added to U.S. 2019 FIFA U-20 World Cup Roster - LA Galaxy
- Chad Marshall Announces Retirement from Professional Soccer - Seattle Sounders FC
- Eryk Williamson Called into Combined Preparation Camp with U.S. Men's National Team Roster - Portland Timbers
- Philadelphia Union Sign Defender Jack Elliott to New Contract - Philadelphia Union
- OSC Weekly Ratings Wrapup - OSC Original by David Carlson
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Orlando City SC Stories
- Júnior Urso Nets Game-Winner in Lions' 1-0 Victory at FC Cincinnati
- Orlando City Returns to Action at FC Cincinnati
- Daryl Dike Ranks Second in Star-Studded 22 Under 22 Presented by BODYARMOR Rankings
- Orlando City SC Unveils In the Hunt Pop-Up Installation as Team Makes Push for 2021 MLS Postseason
- Orlando City SC, Orlando Pride Announce 2021 Breast Cancer Awareness Month Initiatives