Knicks Make History; Bluiett Nets Career-High in Win over Lakers, 103-89
WHITE PLAINS, NY - The Westchester Knicks (12-3), the official NBA G League affiliate of the New York Knicks, topped the visiting South Bay Lakers (6-8), 103-89, on Wednesday evening at the Westchester County Center. The win makes seven straight-setting a new franchise record.
New Orleans Pelicans Flex Assignee Trevon Bluiett netted a career-high 29 points on 62.5-percent shooting. The reserve drained a game-high five triples on 45.5-percent shooting. Affiliate player Kadeem Allen reached double-figures for the third consecutive game tallying 19 points. Pelicans Flex Assignee Kenrich Williams added 12 points and 10 rebounds off the bench.
Johnathan Williams led South Bay with 25 points. He also hauled 10 boards. Travis Wear scored 14 and raised for a rejection.
The Knicks held a lead as large as 14 and traded advantages with the Lakers seven times. The game also endured seven ties.
The Knicks are off to a better start than just a season ago. Through the team's first 15 games of the 2017-18 campaign, Westchester started 10-5.
Westchester is now 8-0 when it holds its opponent under 100 points and has done so for six of its last seven matchups.
The Knicks get back to the hardwood, Saturday, December 8 when the Oklahoma City Blue come to town for a 7 PM ET tip-off.
Watch game highlights here - https://youtu.be/yjhbufcuGKU
• Discuss this story on the Women's National Basketball Association message board...
Women's National Basketball Association Stories from December 5, 2018
- Knicks Make History; Bluiett Nets Career-High in Win over Lakers, 103-89 - New York Liberty
- Kayla Thornton Named Player of the Week - Dallas Wings
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent New York Liberty Stories
- New York Falls Short to Fever, 80-81 After Buzzer-Beater in Home Opener
- New York Liberty Waive Avery Warley-Talbert
- YES Network Official Regional TV Partner of Liberty
- New York Liberty Waive Cuevas-Moore, Faris, Huff
- New York Falls Short to Connecticut in Preseason Finale, 98-79