Knee Injury to Sideline Kelyn Rowe for One to Four Weeks
FOXBOROUGH, Mass. - Kelyn Rowe could be sidelined for as little as one week or as many as four weeks after suffering a knee injury in training last Friday, according to New England Revolution head coach Brad Friedel.
Rowe missed nine games late last season after spraining his right knee at Yankee Stadium in August, but this injury is to his left knee, and isn't expected to be as serious.
An MRI last Friday afternoon revealed no significant damage, but further evaluation is needed before a more precise timetable can be placed on Rowe's recovery.
"We're hoping that it's only a couple of weeks, but I'll have to wait to hear what the doctor says," Friedel said after Rowe missed the Revs' 1-0 loss to FC Dallas. "Fingers crossed, it's nothing too major.
"It shouldn't be too long before he's fully back with the squad. Initially the doctor said it's going to be a little bit more than a week, but definitely less than four weeks - that's what the doctor said until we get down to the bottom of what exactly it is."
While there was no training session scheduled for Monday, Rowe was expected to meet with the Revolution's medical staff for further evaluation.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from April 16, 2018
- Earthquakes Weekly Update: April 16, 2018 - San Jose Earthquakes
- Banc of California Stadium Opens with Culinary Collection of Los Angeles Favorites - Los Angeles FC
- Chicago Fire Travel to Face New York Red Bulls - Chicago Fire
- Toronto FC Is Two Games Away from the FIFA Club World Cup - MLS
- Knee Injury to Sideline Kelyn Rowe for One to Four Weeks - New England Revolution
- Real Salt Lake Weekly Update - Real Salt Lake
- MLS Fines Portland Timbers Owner Merritt Paulson for Comments Regarding Officiating - MLS
- Whitecaps FC Name Associate Head Coach for Saskatchewan Academy Centre - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent New England Revolution Stories
- Revolution Secure Away Point in 2-2 Draw with Columbus Crew SC
- Game Preview: New England Revolution vs. Columbus Crew SC
- Angking "On the Mend" After Medical Emergency, But Still No Timetable for a Return
- Knee Injury to Sideline Kelyn Rowe for One to Four Weeks
- Revolution Fall to FC Dallas, 1-0