Kitchener Rangers Acquire Jacob Ingham from the Mississauga Steelheads
The Kitchener Rangers have acquired goaltender, Jacob Ingham from the Mississauga Steelheads.
In exchange, the Steelheads will receive:
2nd round pick (WSR) in the 2023 OHL Priority Selection
3rd round pick (OSH) in 2022
3rd round pick (KIT) in 2024
Conditional 6th round pick (KIT) in 2024
The Barrie, ON native, is entering his fourth Ontario Hockey League season in 2019-20 after being selected by the Steelheads in the 2nd round, 26th overall in the 2016 OHL Priority Selection.
Prior to the 2018-19 season, Jacob was drafted in the 6th round, 175th overall by the LA Kings in the 2018 NHL Entry Draft.
This season, Jacob was named the OHL's 'On the Run' Player of the Week for the regular season week ending February 10 posting a 3-0-0-0 record with a goals-against-average of 1.26 and save percentage of .956.
In his 57 regular season games played this year, he compiled a 27-25-2-2 record with the Steelheads, averaging a 3.41 GAA and .890 save percentage.
"We are very excited to acquire Jacob and happy to welcome him and his family to the Rangers organization," said general manager, Mike McKenzie. "He will be a huge part of our team moving forward. We feel his best hockey is still ahead of him and we look forward to seeing him continue his OHL career in a Rangers uniform."
Hometown: Barrie, ON
Birthdate: June 10, 2000
Draft: OHL - SAG (2017) Round: 3 (#41)
NHL - LA (2018) Round: 6 (#175)
• Discuss this story on the Ontario Hockey League message board...
Ontario Hockey League Stories from June 24, 2019
- Kitchener Rangers Acquire Jacob Ingham from the Mississauga Steelheads - Kitchener Rangers
- Spirit Acquire Draft Picks, Rights to Defenseman in Trade - Saginaw Spirit
- Colts Deal Edmonds to Steelheads for Picks - Barrie Colts
- Steelheads Make Major Moves Following NHL Draft - Mississauga Steelheads
- Kolyachonok and Keppen Selected Saturday - Flint Firebirds
- Another Young Talent Joins the Sting Organization - Sarnia Sting
- Another Young Talent Joins Sting Organization as Ryan Mast Signs Standard Player Agreement - Sarnia Sting
- Jamieson Rees Selected 44th Overall in the 2019 NHL Draft - Sarnia Sting
- Attack Sign 2nd Round Selection Ethan Burroughs - Owen Sound Attack
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Kitchener Rangers Stories
- Kitchener Rangers to Hold 2019 Training Camp August 26-28
- Sebrango and Team Canada Secures Silver Medal at Hlinka Gretzky Cup
- Canada Secures Silver Medal at 2019 Hlinka Gretzky Cup
- Sebrango and Team Canada Down Czech Republic to Advance to Hlinka Gretzky Cup Semis
- Canada Downs Czech Republic to Advance to Hlinka Gretzky Cup Semis