Kie-BOOM Goes the Dynamite: Sens Explode for 15 Runs
The Harrisburg Senators blew out the Erie SeaWolves 15-3 Tuesday night at UPMC Park. Carter Kieboom finished a single shy of the cycle and he and Daniel Johnson combined to drive in eight of the Senators' season-high 15 runs.
Kieboom got the scoring starting by blasting a home run to left in the first to put the Senators ahead 1-0.
Erie tied the game in the second before the Senators added three in the third. Daniel Johnson ripped a two-run home run right, his third of the season, and Dan Gamache singled in Raudy Read who reached on a double.
With the Senators ahead 4-2, Kieboom added his second home run of the night in the fourth, a two-run shot to give the Senators a 6-2 lead. The 20-year-old is the first Senator this season to hit multiple home runs in a game.
The team added two more runs in the fifth and one in the sixth on three run-scoring singles by Keller, Austin Davidson and Gamache.
Harrisburg's run barrage was capped by an 11-batter, six-run seventh. Eight Senators reached base in the frame on a hit-batter, an error and six hits including three consecutive doubles by Kieboom, Johnson and Read.
Erie scored a run in the eighth to finish the night's scoring, as the Senators won 15-3.
Senators starting pitcher Cesar Vargas (1-1) picked up the win by tossing six innings of two-run ball. Erie starter Alex Faedo (1-5) took the loss after surrendering six runs on seven hits in three and two-thirds.
Kieboom finished a single shy of the cycle, going 4-for-4 with a pair of home runs, a triple, double, four RBI and a Senators season-high five runs scored. Daniel Johnson also drove in four runs after finishing 2-for-5. Gamache and Noll had three hits and two-RBI each.
The 15 runs and 20 hits are both season-highs for the Senators. The Senators scored runs in six of the first seven innings.
The Senators and SeaWolves play the rubber match of their series Wednesday night. Jaron Long starts for the Senators against Erie starting pitcher A.J. Ladwig. The game can be heard on CBS Sports Harrisburg 96.5 & 95.3 FM and 1400 AM or at www.cbssportsharrisburg.com beginning at 6:50 p.m.
• Discuss this story on the Eastern League message board...
Eastern League Stories from August 14, 2018
- Tendler Walks It off in the 10th, 5-2 Win over Trenton - Portland Sea Dogs
- Tendler Blasts Walk-Off Homer in 10th - Trenton Thunder
- Squirrels & Baysox Split Double Dip - Richmond Flying Squirrels
- Curve Blank Fisher Cats to Open Road Trip - Altoona Curve
- Goats Stymie Fightins in Game One - Reading Fightin Phils
- Senators Squash SeaWolves on Tuesday - Erie SeaWolves
- Kie-BOOM Goes the Dynamite: Sens Explode for 15 Runs - Harrisburg Senators
- Heidt Has Three Hits But Fisher Cats Fall - New Hampshire Fisher Cats
- Yard Goats Start Road Trip with Victory - Hartford Yard Goats
- RubberDucks, Rumble Ponies Rained out Tuesday - Akron RubberDucks
- Series Opener Postponed in Binghamton - Binghamton Rumble Ponies
- Curve Announce Game Schedule for 2019 Season - Altoona Curve
- Rumble Ponies Game Notes: Game #120 - Rumble Ponies (55-64) vs. RubberDucks (67-52) - 6:35 PM - Binghamton Rumble Ponies
- Game Notes vs. Harrisburg - Erie SeaWolves
- Sea Dogs Game Notes August 14th vs. Trenton - Portland Sea Dogs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.