Kevon Lambert Signs New Multi-Year Contract with Phoenix Rising FC
Phoenix Rising FC has signed midfielder Kevon Lambert to a new, multi-year contract, pending USL and federation approval, the club announced today.
"I'm super excited to re-sign with Phoenix Rising," said Lambert. "We have set goals and we want to continue to work towards bringing the USL Championship to the city of Phoenix. I can't wait to be back home with the best fans in the league for 2022."
Rising's all-time leader in appearances with 123 across all competitions, Lambert has scored 11 goals and eight assists as a defensive midfielder since 2017. Just 25 years old, the Jamaican has led Phoenix in several defensive categories each season, helping the club claim the 2018 and 2020 Western Conference Championship as well as the 2019 Regular Season Title.
One of the premier defensive midfielders in the league, Lambert ranked second in duels won during this past season with 238. He was one of only eight players to surpass 200 duels won in the league overall. Lambert led Phoenix in tackles won (59) and duels won (118) in 2018 as a 21-year-old and has improved those numbers each season. He has led the team in interceptions since 2019, recording a total of 185 since signing with Phoenix Rising on August 10, 2017.
"I feel strongly that Kevon Lambert is the best defensive midfielder in the USL," said Rising head coach Rick Schantz. "His athleticism and range make him such a force in the middle. Kevon's ability to dominate games helps us play the way we do. He is one of the most influential players we have ever had at Phoenix. I can't be more excited to extend his stay here and continue to help him develop into one the best midfielders in North America."
Prior to joining Rising, Lambert appeared in 12 matches with Jamaican side Montego Bay United in 2016-17. He was on trial at West Ham United ahead of the 2016-17 English Premier League season. Lambert has been capped 13 times by the Jamaican National Team.
Rising now has 15 players under contract for the 2022 season including: Joey Calistri, Lalo Delgado, Niall Dunn, Joe Farrell, Ryan Flood, Ivan Gutierrez, Darnell King, Lambert, Jonathan Levin, Manuel Madrid, Santi Moar, James Musa, Aodhan Quinn, Arturo Rodriguez and Luis Seijas.
Rising fans can get ahead of 2022 by placing a $50 deposit on a Phoenix Rising Season-Ticket Membership today. The $50 deposits mark your space in line to pick seats for the 2022 Season while a $250 deposit will hold your spot in line for premium inventory such as suites, field seats or field tables. Click here to buy.
Transaction: Phoenix Rising signs Kevon Lambert to new multi-year contract
Name: Kevon Lambert
DOB: March 22, 1997
Hometown: Saint James Parish, Jamaica
Instagram: @ k_lmbrt27
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League Championship message board...
United Soccer League Championship Stories from December 29, 2021
- Kevon Lambert Signs New Multi-Year Contract with Phoenix Rising FC - Phoenix Rising FC
- FC Tulsa Brings Back Homegrown Midfielder Ciaran Winters for 2022 Season - FC Tulsa
- Battery Announce Initial Slate of Returning Players for 2022 - Charleston Battery
- Best of 2021: No. 3 - It's Good to be King (Kenny) - Pittsburgh Riverhounds SC
- New Mexico United Announces Signing of Comoros International Alexis Souahy - New Mexico United
- New Mexico United Announces Signing of Dynamic Forward Tabort Etaka Preston - New Mexico United
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Phoenix Rising FC Stories
- Phoenix Rising FC to Host Fan Appreciation Night on June 11
- Phoenix Rising Debuts Six Academy Players in Tough Loss at New Mexico United
- Phoenix Rising FC Signs Six Academy Players Ahead of Tuesday's Match in New Mexico
- Rising Faces New Mexico United for the Third Time this Season
- Phoenix Rising FC Match Scheduled for Tomorrow in New Mexico, Postponed Due to COVID