Kansas City to Host USA vs. Panama in 2019 Gold Cup
The 2019 Concacaf Gold Cup group stage schedule was announced today and will conclude in Kansas City on June 26 with a doubleheader at Children's Mercy Park featuring a match-up between the reigning champion U.S. Men's National Team versus 2018 FIFA World Cup participant Panama, as well as Gold Cup debutant Guyana against Caribbean rival Trinidad and Tobago.
Tickets are now on sale to the general public at SeatGeek.com and fans can also visit Primesport.com for information on pre-game hospitality and travel packages.
2019 Concacaf Gold Cup - Group D Match Schedule
*All times local, subject to change
Tuesday, June 18 - Allianz Field, St. Paul, MN
6:30pm Panama vs. Trinidad and Tobago
8:30pm United States vs. Guyana
Saturday, June 22 - FirstEnergy Stadium, Cleveland, OH
5:30pm Panama vs. Guyana
7:30pm United States vs. Trinidad and Tobago
Wednesday, June 26 - Children's Mercy Park, Kansas City, KS
5:30pm Trinidad and Tobago vs. Guyana
7:30pm United States vs. Panama
The 2019 Gold Cup will be the largest-ever edition of the event, with 16 participating nations (up from 12 in 2017) and 17 stadiums (up from 14 in 2017) in three host countries. The 15th edition of the competition will run from June 15 to July 7, with the final to be held at Soldier Field in Chicago.
Kansas City, a Candidate Host City for the 2026 FIFA World Cup, will host the Concacaf Gold Cup for a third time (2011, 2015, 2019) at world-class Children's Mercy Park, which has hosted many of the sport's most prestigious matches at the club, college and international levels. Other high-profile events held at Children's Mercy Park include the 2013 MLS Cup, 2013 MLS All-Star Game, 2014 Concacaf Women's Championship, 2015 NCAA College Cup, Concacaf Men's Olympic Qualifying (2012, 2015), Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup finals (2012, 2017) and 2018 Tournament of Nations.
Taking place every two years, the Concacaf Gold Cup is the official national team championship of the region, which includes North America, Central America and the Caribbean. Group D in the 2019 Gold Cup is arguably the most compelling of the competition and features three of the six teams from the final round of 2018 FIFA World Cup qualifying, including the six-time Gold Cup champions United States Men's National Team led by 20-year-old midfielder Christian Pulisic.
2019 Concacaf Gold Cup - Group D International Rankings
United States - #2 in Concacaf, #24 in FIFA
Panama - #5 in Concacaf, #74 in FIFA
Trinidad & Tobago - #11 in Concacaf, #93 in FIFA
Guyana - #22 in Concacaf, #175 in FIFA
The 2019 Concacaf Gold Cup will air nationally on the Univision and FOX family of networks. Visit GoldCup.org and follow the Gold Cup's official Twitter account and Facebook page for tournament news.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from April 10, 2019
- LA Galaxy Launch LA Galaxy Champion Project to Benefit Local Elementary Schools - LA Galaxy
- Kansas City to Host USA vs. Panama in 2019 Gold Cup - Sporting Kansas City
- Costa Rica to Play Bermuda, Nicaragua to Play Haiti at Toyota Stadium in 2019 CONCACAF Gold Cup - FC Dallas
- Plan Your Transport to Stade Saputo - Montreal Impact
- LAFC Sets off on Historic Start in Myriad Ways: Week 7 MLS News & Notes - MLS
- LAFC and Curacao Announce Multi-Year Partnership - Los Angeles FC
- D.C. United Announce Two Washington Spirit Matches at Audi Field - D.C. United
- Tonight's Sounders FC Match in Colorado Postponed Due to Inclement Weather - Seattle Sounders FC
- Colorado Rapids Home Match against Seattle Sounders Postponed Due to Inclement Weather - Colorado Rapids
- Celebrity Chef Marcus Samuelsson Becomes Chief Culinary Coach of New York City FC - New York City FC
- OSC Weekly Ratings Wrapup - OSC Original by David Carlson
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Sporting Kansas City Stories
- Sporting Ends Season with Playoff Loss to Minnesota
- Preview: Sporting to Host Minnesota on Thursday in Conference Semifinals
- Sporting KC Playoff Match Rescheduled for Thursday
- Sporting KC Weekly
- Sporting to Host Minnesota on December 2 in Conference Semifinals