Kaiser Permanente Arena to Serve as Polling Site for 2020 General Election
SANTA CRUZ, Calif. - Kaiser Permanente Arena, home of the Santa Cruz Warriors, will serve as a polling site and ballot drop-off location for the 2020 General Election, it was announced today in conjunction with the Golden State Warriors' ongoing commitment to civic engagement. Kaiser Permanente Arena will be open as both a polling site and ballot drop-off location beginning Saturday, October 31, through Tuesday, November 3.
The Warriors also announced the team's Oakland Facility (1011 Broadway) will serve as a polling site and ballot drop-off location for Alameda County voters and as a poll worker training location leading up to Election Day. Thrive City, the vibrant, outdoor district surrounding Chase Center, will serve as a ballot drop-off location for San Francisco County voters. Additionally, the Mercedes-Benz Garage at Thrive City will act as a storage space for equipment and staging area for San Francisco County vehicles as they assist polling locations in San Francisco on Election Day.
Warriors players and coaches, specifically, have voiced the importance of civic engagement, voter participation and creating access to safe in-person voting and drop-off locations. Underscoring their commitment to encouraging voter participation, select players and coaches will be on-hand to aid at the Thrive City mail-in ballot drop-off location in the days leading up to the Election.
"The Santa Cruz Warriors along with the entire Golden State Warriors organization, are committed to voter registration and participation," said Santa Cruz Warriors President Chris Murphy. "It is our civic duty to exercise our right to vote and we are happy to provide access for more people."
Hours for the Kaiser Permanente Arena polling site and ballot drop-off location:
- Saturday, October 31, 9:00 a.m. through 5:00 p.m.
- Sunday, November 1, 9:00 a.m. through 5:00 p.m.
- Monday, November 2, 8:00 a.m. through 5:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, November 3, 7:00 a.m. through 8:00 p.m.
Voters statewide can register to vote online, and receive more information for Election Day by visiting registertovote.ca.gov, and are advised to check with their local county for specific Election Day information.
The Warriors will observe Election Day by encouraging active front office participation in civic engagement activities, including voting, working at the polls, staffing voter assistance hotlines and partaking in other volunteer opportunities. In advance of Election Day, the franchise will participate in phone banks to remind citizens to vote and provide team members with poll worker training opportunities and voter registration information.
Per public health orders, all voters arriving at Kaiser Permanente Arena will be required to wear a face covering at all times. In addition, Kaiser Permanente Arena will enforce physical distancing requirements of at least six feet. As City and County requirements may change, the Warriors will provide updates pertaining to all COVID-19 safety measures as they become available.
For more information on the Santa Cruz Warriors, please visit santacruzbasketball.com.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from September 4, 2020
- Kaiser Permanente Arena to Serve as Polling Site for 2020 General Election - Santa Cruz Warriors
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Santa Cruz Warriors Stories
- Recovery Resource Center at Kaiser Permanente Arena to Reduce Hours
- Kaiser Permanente Arena to Serve as Polling Site for 2020 General Election
- Kaiser Permanente Arena to Become Recovery Resource Center for Victims Affected by the Czu Lightning Complex Fire
- Santa Cruz Warriors Awarded 2019-20 NBA G League Social Responsibility/Youth Basketball Award for Sea Dub Classics Program
- Santa Cruz Warriors Raise over $5,000 for Community Foundation Santa Cruz County COVID-19 Local Response Fund