Justin Miller Moves Up to Round Rock
CORPUS CHRISTI, TEXAS - Frisco RoughRiders relief pitcher Justin Miller has been promoted to Triple-A Round Rock. In a corresponding roster move, the Riders have received infielder Greg Miclat from the Express. With the two moves, the roster remains at 25 active players.
Miller, 26, has played exclusively for the RoughRiders since 2011. The right-hander was recovering from "Tommy John" surgery at the start of the season, and began a MLB rehab assignment with the RoughRiders on May 17. On June 12, Miller was taken off his rehab assignment and was optioned to Frisco. In 16 appearances with the Riders this season, Miller was 1-0 with a 6.19 ERA. He allowed 11 earned runs on 16 hits in 16 innings of work, striking out 21 and walking seven. Over his last six outings, the Bakersfield, California native allowed one unearned run in six innings of work. He did not walk a batter and surrendered just three hits over that stretch. Miller pitched for the Riders in 2011 and missed all of 2012 after undergoing "Tommy John" surgery in April 2012. He has never pitched in Triple-A.
Miclat, 25, is in his second season with the Round Rock Express. Drafted by the Baltimore Orioles in the fifth round of the 2008 MLB June Amateur Draft, Miclat was traded to Texas by the Orioles in December 2011 as a player to be named later, along with Randy Henry, in exchange for former RoughRiders and Rangers catcher Taylor Teagarden. In 68 games this season, the Salisbury, North Carolina native is hitting .252 with no home runs and 24 RBI to go along with ten stolen bases, playing 30 games at shortstop and 39 at second base. The middle infielder stole a career-high 50 bases in 2011 with the Bowie Baysox in his final season as Orioles' property. This will be his first stint with the RoughRiders.
With the two roster moves, the Frisco roster remains at 25 active players, which is the Texas League limit.
• Discuss this story on the Texas League message board...
Texas League Stories from July 10, 2013
- Naturals Slam Cardinals for Win - Northwest Arkansas Naturals
- Missions Stay Hot with 1-0 Win over RockHounds - San Antonio Missions
- St. Louis RHP Chris Carpenter to Start in Springfield this Monday - Springfield Cardinals
- Drillers Back Home Sunday - Tulsa Drillers
- Justin Miller Moves Up to Round Rock - Frisco RoughRiders
- Series Preview: Naturals vs. Cardinals - Northwest Arkansas Naturals
- Naturals Announce Upcoming Promotions - Northwest Arkansas Naturals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Frisco RoughRiders Stories
- Riders Unveil Biggest Promotional Schedule in Baseball History
- Riders Bringing in Biggest Collection of Celebs in Team History
- Riders Ticket Celebration Kicks off 2018 Single-Game Sales Friday, March 2
- YouTube Sensations Dude Perfect at Riders Game July 20 for Special Night
- RoughRiders Debuting 'Deep Ellum Brewing Party @ the Yard' in 2018