Josh Burris joins Kernels from Extended Spring Training
Cedar Rapids, IA - The Cedar Rapids Kernels and Minnesota Twins announce today that RHP Josh Burris will join the Kernels from Extended Spring Training in Fort Myers, FL. Brad Steil, Director of Minor League Operations for the Twins, announced the move.
The Twins selected Burris in the 17th round of the 2011 First Year Player Draft out of Louisiana State University - Eunice and he spent the 2012 with the Elizabethton Twins where he posted a 7-0 record and 1.75 ERA in 18 relief appearances. In 36 IP, he allowed 24 hits and 10 runs (seven earned) with 21 walks and 40 strikeouts.
Burris will be active and available for tonight's 5:05 pm game with the Great Lakes Loons
With today's transaction, the Kernels roster is at the MWL maximum of 25 active players, with one player currently on the disabled list.
The Kernels are in the midst of a six game home stand with a game remaining against the Great Lakes Loons, followed by a three game set with the Lansing Lugnuts.
Morgan Hawk brings you all of the play-by-play on the radio home of Kernels baseball, 1450 KMRY AM and 93.1 KMRY FM. Fans may listen on-line at www.kmryradio.com, or www.kernels.com .
Tickets may be purchased on-line at www.kernels.com, or by calling the Kernels Ticket Office at 896-7560. Ticket office hours are 10 am to 5 pm, Monday through Friday, and 10 am to 2 pm on Saturday.
• Discuss this story on the Midwest League message board...
Midwest League Stories from April 27, 2013
- Chiefs Win 7-5 Saturday - Peoria Chiefs
- Quad Cities gets past Lansing - Lansing Lugnuts
- Chiefs Score 4 Late Runs, Top Dragons 7-5 - Dayton Dragons
- Kernels Win Wacky Walk-Off - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Hot Rods-Bees Cancelled Saturday Night - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- TinCaps Fall to Cougars in Series Finale - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Saturday's Game Postponed in Bowling Green - Burlington Bees
- Cougars Use Late Rally to Down TinCaps - Kane County Cougars
- Goetzman Joins Hot Rods from Extended Spring Training - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Rattlers rally in seventh to break Whitecaps - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- Offensive Outburst Leads to 13-7 LumberKings Win - Clinton LumberKings
- Clinton Sweeps Lake County, Wins the Finale 13-7 - Lake County Captains
- Josh Burris joins Kernels from Extended Spring Training - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Dragons GameDay for April 27 - Dayton Dragons
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.