Josef Martinez Undergoes Successful Knee Surgery
ATLANTA - Atlanta United announced today that forward Josef Martinez underwent successful surgery to repair a torn anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) in his right knee. Martinez was injured during Atlanta's season-opening win against Nashville SC on Feb. 29.
Martinez will return to Atlanta to begin his rehabilitation that will be led by the Atlanta United medical team and doctors from Piedmont Healthcare.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from March 18, 2020
- WSTR Star64 to Re-Air Classic FC Cincinnati Games this Weekend - FC Cincinnati
- Josef Martinez Undergoes Successful Knee Surgery - Atlanta United FC
- FC Dallas to Broadcast Notable Matches in Club History - FC Dallas
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Atlanta United FC Stories
- Atlanta United to Begin Small Group Training on Monday
- Atlanta United's Franco Escobar and Paulo Neto Win eMLS Tournament Special
- Atlanta United Training Update: May 11
- Atlanta United's Franco Escobar and Paulo Neto advance to Championship Sunday of eMLS Tournament Special
- Atlanta United players return to Children's Healthcare of Atlanta Training Ground for individual workouts