Jonathan Massaquoi Joins Stamps
The Calgary Stampeders have signed international defensive linemen Jonathan Massaquoi.
Here is more information on the newest member of the team:
Born: May 11, 1988
Birthplace: Monrovia, LR
Massaquoi (pronounced MASS-a-koy) was selected by the Atlanta Falcons in the fifth round (164th overall) of the 2012 National Football League draft. He played a total of 39 games for the Falcons from 2012-14 and recorded 70 tackles and six sacks. He later was with the Tennessee Titans and Kansas City Chiefs and most recent played for the Alliance of American Football's Birmingham Iron.
Massaquoi played two seasons at Troy University and was named first-team all-Sun Belt Conference both years. In 25 games for the Trojans, he made 128 tackles including 31 tackles for loss and recorded 19.5 sacks. Massaquoi added two forced fumbles and three pass breakups. He transferred to Troy from Butler County Community College in El Dorado, Kan.
• Discuss this story on the Canadian Football League message board...
Canadian Football League Stories from May 17, 2019
- Champs Receive 2018 Grey Cup Rings - Calgary Stampeders
- Argos Sign Two More from 2019 Draft Class; Two Liga de Futbol Americano Players Signed - Toronto Argonauts
- Tiger-Cats Sign Entire 2019 CFL Draft Class & Global Draft Selections - Hamilton Tiger-Cats
- Lions Release Rolly Lumbala - B.C. Lions
- RedBlacks Training Camp 2019 Kicks off Sunday - Ottawa RedBlacks
- Riders Sign Blace Brown - Saskatchewan Roughriders
- Eskimos Announce Transactions - Edmonton Eskimos
- Jonathan Massaquoi Joins Stamps - Calgary Stampeders
- Blue Bombers Sign 5th Overall Selection Jonathan Kongbo - Winnipeg Blue Bombers
- Blue Bombers Announce Transactions - Winnipeg Blue Bombers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.