Jon Edwards Named Manager of Communications for USA Hockey's NTDP, USA Hockey Arena
PLYMOUTH, Mich. - Jon Edwards has been named manager of communications for USA Hockey's National Team Development Program and USA Hockey Arena, it was announced today.
Edwards joins USA Hockey after spending the past three seasons with the ECHL's Adirondack Thunder in Glens Falls, New York, where he served most recently as the director of communications.
During his time with the Thunder, Edwards led a wide range of initiatives, including all media and public relations efforts, managing the team's social media channels, and devising and implementing marketing campaigns.
Edwards' tenure with the Thunder included back-to-back North Division championships (2016-17, 2017-18). He was also widely involved with media efforts when Glens Falls hosted the 2017 CCM/ECHL All-Star Classic.
Prior to joining the Thunder, Edwards spent three seasons in minor league baseball, working for the Syracuse Chiefs (AAA) and Altoona Curve (AA) where his focus was video production, creative services and game presentation.
A 2016 graduate of Syracuse University, Edwards earned his bachelor's degree in broadcast and digital journalism from the S.I. Newhouse School of Public Communications.
• Discuss this story on the United States Hockey League message board...
United States Hockey League Stories from June 12, 2019
- Jon Edwards Named Manager of Communications for USA Hockey's NTDP, USA Hockey Arena - U.S. National Team
- Russell Signs Extension with Edmonton - Waterloo Black Hawks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent U.S. National Team Stories
- Record-Breaking 17 Players Selected Directly from NTDP in 2019 NHL Draft
- Jack Hughes Selected First Overall at 2019 NHL Draft
- Jon Edwards Named Manager of Communications for USA Hockey's NTDP, USA Hockey Arena
- 2019-20 U.S. National Under-17 Team Unveiled
- NTDP Weekly: April 1-7