Join the First Run with the Wolves Virtual 5K
GLENVIEW, Illinois - The Chicago Wolves aren't starting their season at the usual time on the calendar, but that's not stopping Wolves fans from getting together (virtually) to enjoy some exercise, raise money for Chicago Wolves Charities and promote awareness of important issues and inspirational people all at the same time.
Registration has opened for the inaugural Run With the Wolves Virtual 5K, which takes place Saturday, Oct. 17. Each participant gets to choose their route and decide how to complete the 3.1 miles. Run, walk, rollerblade...whatever seems like the most fun. Make it a family outing. Bring the dog along. There's no wrong way to enjoy this 5K.
But this race isn't just for fun and to help Chicago Wolves Charities support local charities. It's also an opportunity to run for a cause, a movement, a friend, the memory of a loved one or anything else that inspires you. On the official Run With The Wolves race bib (which you'll download after registering), there's a place to share who or what you're running for.
The Wolves also are rewarding runners who go all-out to make this experience even greater. When submitting results on Oct. 17, competitors also can send in pictures of their race for a chance to win prizes in 12 categories that include Most Chicago Wolves Spirit, Most Scenic Race Route, Most Creative Racing Style and Runner Competing Farthest From Allstate Arena. There's also a 1K race for kids 12-and-under to enjoy.
All competitors are encouraged to share their results and pictures on social media using #RunWithTheWolves5K. Racers who use this hashtag are automatically entered in raffles to win exclusive prizes!
To receive more information or register for this event, click here. All adult racers receive a ticket good for a 2020-21 Chicago Wolves home game, a Curtis McKenzie bobblehead, a race bib and a certificate of completion. Proceeds benefit Chicago Wolves Charities, which helps organizations throughout the Chicago area.
The Wolves are planning for the 2020-21 American Hockey League season to begin Friday, Dec. 4. To set up a season-ticket plan or arrange a group outing at Allstate Arena, visit ChicagoWolves.com or call 1-800-THE-WOLVES.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from September 15, 2020
- Laval Rocket Agree to Terms on One-Year Contracts with Forward Pascal Aquin and Defenseman Tobie Bisson - Laval Rocket
- Coyotes Sign Adin Hill to One-Year Contract - Tucson Roadrunners
- Condors Sign Ryan Stanton and Graham McPhee - Bakersfield Condors
- Join the First Run with the Wolves Virtual 5K - Chicago Wolves
- Last Week around the Leagues - OSC Original by Fran Stuchbury
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Chicago Wolves Stories
- Nardella Selected for National Italian American Sports Hall of Fame
- Wolves Drop Season Opener to Rockford
- Chicago Wolves Announce Opening Night Roster
- Wolves Return to Allstate Arena with Full 2021-22 Promotional Schedule
- Wolves Insider: Hosting the Opener Saturday