Johnstown Tops Maryland
The Maryland Black Bears are coming off a tough series against the Maine Nordiques and looked to avoid losing its third straight game as they took on the Johnstown Tomahawks. However, it was the Tomahawks prevailing in a close 3-1 game.
Johnstown struck first with a first period goal from forward William Persson. In the second period, Maryland forward Tanner Rowe scored on a snap shot in the slot to tie the game 1-1. The Tomahawks responded late in the second period as forward Holt Oliphant score on a two-on-one rush to make it 2-1. Johnstown forward John Gelatt capped off the scoring less than two minutes into the third period to making the final score 3-1.
The Black Bears and Tomahawks rematch Saturday, February 13th at 1st Summit Arena at Cambria County War Memorial. Puck drop time will be 7:00 PM ET as Maryland looks to bounce back with a win.
• Discuss this story on the North American Hockey League message board...
North American Hockey League Stories from February 12, 2021
- Chorske's OT Winner Lifts Norsemen to Friday Night Win - St. Cloud Norsemen
- Johnstown Tops Maryland - Maryland Black Bears
- Persson Scores in First Game to Lift Hawks over Black Bears - Johnstown Tomahawks
- Titans Alum Ladd on Mike Richter Award "Watch List" - New Jersey Titans
- Weekend Preview - Minot Minotauros
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.