Johnson-Odom Breaks Wolves Single-Season Scoring Record in Road Loss to Red Claws
Portland, Maine - The Iowa Wolves (17-28) dropped their third straight contest Thursday evening, falling 110-102 to the Maine Red Claws (18-24).
Darius Johnson-Odom recorded 15 points in tonight's contest, breaking the Iowa Wolves single-season scoring mark set by Damien Wilkins in 2015 (1,008). Johnson-Odom leads the NBA G League at 1,015 points with five games remaining in the season.
After heading to the locker rooms with a 10-point halftime lead, the Wolves gave up a 35-20 run during the third quarter.
Iowa was outscored 59-41 by Maine in the second half while allowing its opponent to shoot 59.1% (26-of-44) from the field.
Brandon Goodwin finished with his seventh double-double for Iowa, tallying 17 points, a team-high 10 rebounds and a team-high five assists. The two-way transfer shot 7-of-14 from the floor, including 3-of-6 from deep.
Two-way guard C.J. Williams finished with a team-high 19 points, knocking down three three-pointers in the loss.
As a team the Wolves shot just 10-of-39 (25.6%) from the three-point line for the game.
Former NBA guard Archie Goodwin recorded a game-high 23 points off the bench for the Red Claws, shooting 9-of-15 from the field to go along with seven rebounds and a team-high eight assists.
Iowa will finish its two-game road trip Sunday afternoon against the Long Island Nets at 1:00 p.m. CT.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from March 7, 2019
- Johnson-Odom Breaks Wolves Single-Season Scoring Record in Road Loss to Red Claws - Iowa Wolves
- Red Claws Come Back to Beat Wolves - Maine Red Claws
- Westchester Snaps Windy City's Three-Game Winning Streak, Beats Bulls 127-118 - Windy City Bulls
- Allen Tabs Triple-Double as Knicks Beat Bulls, 127-118 - Westchester Knicks
- San Antonio Assigns Chimezie Metu and Lonnie Walker IV to Austin Spurs - Austin Spurs
- Delaware Blue Coats Acquire A.J. Davis - Delaware Blue Coats
- Stars Earn Win over Hustle - Salt Lake City Stars
- Wisconsin's Late Effort Not Enough to Overcome Santa Cruz - Wisconsin Herd
- Hustle Drop Second Game of Back-To-Back to Salt Lake City - Memphis Hustle
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.