Joe Tomato's Weekend Preview - Trio of Games for Week 18
The team is back in action this weekend for a trio of games including a match on home ice Saturday at the Bayshore! The roster is set and the playoff push is on. Here is the Joe Tomato's Weekend Preview for Week 18 of the OHL Season.
The weekend begins with a matchup against the Guelph Storm, their first meeting since the trade deadline with new look rosters for both teams. The puck will drop at the Sleeman Centre at 7:30 on Friday night.
The home team has won every game this season between the Midwest Divisional rivals but Owen Sound hopes to snap that streak and go up 4-2 in the season tally. Barret Kirwin and Mark Woolley will make their return against former teammates and the Attack will see many familiar faces that are now wearing Guelph Storm red. The Bears are just four points back of the Storm for 4th in the Western Conference.
The Attack play their first home game in ten days on Saturday night against the Mississauga Steelheads. The game begins at 7:30 p.m. at the Bayshore. Tickets are limited.
Owen Sound has won the only meeting between the two teams this season, a 5-3 victory at the Paramount Fine Foods Centre in October. Mississauga currently holds the 8th seed in the Eastern Conference, just four points ahead Barrie Colts with 41 on the season.
The weekend wraps up with an afternoon affair against the Kitchener Rangers. The game at the Memorial Auditorium will begin at 2 p.m. and will be the 4th matchup in 3 weeks between the two teams. So far, Kitchener has won 2 of the 3 games but the Attack were the most recent victors having won on January 9th, 4-3.
• Discuss this story on the Ontario Hockey League message board...
Ontario Hockey League Stories from January 17, 2019
- Bulldogs Lose 10-0 in Niagara - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Jones Gets Hat Trick and Dhillon Blanks Hamilton in 10-0 Blowout - Niagara IceDogs
- Otters Routed 5-0 in Windsor - Erie Otters
- Weekend Preview | Steelheads Set for 3-In-3 - Mississauga Steelheads
- Served by the Storm at the Western Is February 19th - Guelph Storm
- Joe Tomato's Weekend Preview - Trio of Games for Week 18 - Owen Sound Attack
- Player Spotlight: Isaac Ratcliffe - Guelph Storm
- Player Spotlight: Nate Schnarr - Guelph Storm
- Player Spotlight: Ryan Merkley - Guelph Storm
- Colts Name Jason Willms Captain - Barrie Colts
- Attack Announce Players Attending Bowling with the Bears Event - Owen Sound Attack
- Sarnia Local Nolan Degurse Signs with the Sarnia Sting - Sarnia Sting
- Wolves Blank Battalion - North Bay Battalion
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.