Jessica Shepard Out for the Season
MINNEAPOLIS/ST. PAUL - The Minnesota Lynx today announced that an MRI (Magnetic Resonance Imaging) taken at Mayo Clinic in Minneapolis revealed that Lynx forward Jessica Shepard has a torn ACL (Anterior Cruciate Ligament) in her right knee. Shepard, who will have surgery at a to-be-determined date, will miss the remainder of the season. Further updates as to Shepard's progress will be issued when more information becomes available.
The injury occurred during yesterday's 89-85 loss to the Los Angeles Sparks.
In her first WNBA season, Shepard averaged 4.8 points, 5,7 rebounds and 3.5 assists in 18.7 minutes per game.
• Discuss this story on the Women's National Basketball Association message board...
Women's National Basketball Association Stories from June 9, 2019
- Johnson Scores Season-High in Loss to Mystics - Dallas Wings
- Kayla McBride Scores Season-High 25, But Las Vegas Aces Fall, 88-78, at New York - Las Vegas Aces
- Liberty Maintain Lead to Get First Win against Aces, 88-78 - New York Liberty
- Fever Fall to Phoenix 94-87 - Indiana Fever
- Jessica Shepard Out for the Season - Minnesota Lynx
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Minnesota Lynx Stories
- Minnesota Lynx Finalize 2020 Roster
- Minnesota Lynx Waive Linnae Harper and Erica Ogwumike
- FOX Sports North to Air Select Lynx "Classic Games"
- Minnesota Lynx Wrap 2020 WNBA Draft
- Lynx Select Mikiah Herbert Harrigan with the Sixth Overall Pick in the 2020 WNBA Draft