Jeff Reinebold Back with the Alouettes 10 Years Later as Special Teams Coordinator
Montreal - The Montreal Alouettes announced Friday the appointment of Jeff Reinebold as the Special Teams Coordinator.
The 63-year-old is back in the nest after being the team Defensive Coordinator in 2012. That year, the team won the Eastern Division Champion and the defense would lead the CFL's Eastern Division in both scoring and total defense and win an Eastern Division crown going 11-7.
In 2021 Reinebold helped the Hamilton Tiger-Cats make their second straight Grey Cup appearance. Under his watch, linebacker Nic Cross was among the top three leaders for tackles on special teams.
Reinebold has nearly 40 years of coaching experience, including 16 seasons in the CFL.
The 63-year-old Reinebold returned to the Ticats coaching staff in 2019 and led a special teams' unit that ranked first in the CFL in numerous categories, including for kick return touchdowns, big play returns and opponent kick return touchdowns.
The South Bend, Indiana native's CFL resume also includes various roles with the BC Lions from 1991 to 1993 and in 1996 and 2018. He also worked for the Las Vegas Posse in 1994 and Edmonton in 1995. He was the Head Coach of the Winnipeg Blue Bombers in 1997 and 1998.
"Jeff adds a lot of experience to our coaching staff", says Alouettes Head Coach Khari Jones. "He is very familiar with the CFL and we are confident that our team will be able to benefit from his knowledge. He returns to Montreal and will be in known territory".
• Discuss this story on the Canadian Football League message board...
Canadian Football League Stories from January 7, 2022
- Riders Release Lenius to Pursue NFL Opportunities - Saskatchewan Roughriders
- Roughriders Extend Two, Sign Tuck - Saskatchewan Roughriders
- Stamps, Mitchell Restructure 2022 Contract - Calgary Stampeders
- Argos Extend DB Daniel and Sign WR Edwards - Toronto Argonauts
- Blue Bombers Agree to Terms on Extension with CFL All-Star Defensive End Jackson Jeffcoat - Winnipeg Blue Bombers
- Blue Bombers Agree to Terms on Extension with CFL All-Star Willie Jefferson - Winnipeg Blue Bombers
- Jeff Reinebold Back with the Alouettes 10 Years Later as Special Teams Coordinator - Montreal Alouettes
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.