Jammers Top Cutters
Jamestown jumped out to an early lead with a three-run 1st inning off of Cutters starting pitcher Mitch Gueller. Adam Frazier got the scoring started with an RBI single to plate Elvis Escobar and make it 1-0 Jammers. Frazier would score on a pass ball by Cutters catcher Andrew Knapp to make it 2-0. Adam Landecker capped the scoring with a RBI groundout to score Austin Meadows.
Williamsport would get a run back in the bottom of the 3rd inning when Justin Parr scored on a throwing error by Jammers catcher Andrew Dennis to make it a 3-1 deficit facing the Cutters.
Jamestown would add two more to their lead in the top half of the 4th inning Andrew Dennis drove in a pair with a double to center field to plate Adam Landecker and Erich Weiss to make it a 5-1 Jammers lead heading to the bottom of the 4th inning.
The Cutters would get both runs back in the bottom half of the 4th inning when Andrew Knapp doubled to right field. Dylan Cozens scored to make it a 5-2 deficit. Logan Pierce would then plate Zach Green with a sacrifice fly to make it a 5-3 deficit. The Cutters would leave the tying run at 2nd base.
The Jammers would plate three more runs in the top half of the 8th inning when Austin Meadows lead off the inning with a solo home run to left to make it 6-3, followed by Andrew Dennis doubled to left field to score Erich Weiss to make it 7-3 Jammers. Dennis would then score on an infield single to make it 8-3.
Williamsport would answer for three runs in the bottom of the 8th inning as Logan Pierce drilled his 5th home run of the season to right field to plate Andrew Knapp and make it an 8-5 deficit. Herlis Rodriguez would cap the scoring for the Cutters with a single to left to score Samuel Hiciano to make it a 8-6 deficit.
• Discuss this story on the New York-Penn League message board...
New York-Penn League Stories from September 1, 2013
- IronBirds Hang On, Sweep Brooklyn, 5-4 - Aberdeen IronBirds
- Spinners Lose Control of Destiny - Lowell Spinners
- Three Scrappers Combine for 2nd No-Hitter in Team History - Mahoning Valley Scrappers
- Kirkland Rings up the Lake Monsters - Connecticut Tigers
- Connecticut Beats Vermont 6-4 In 10 Innings On Sunday - Vermont Lake Monsters
- Yanks Finish off 'Gades 7-4 - Hudson Valley Renegades
- Crosscutters Announce Year-End Award Recipients - Williamsport Crosscutters
- Cutters Win Home Finale - Williamsport Crosscutters
- Long Ball Sinks Spikes in 10-0 Loss to Doubledays - State College Spikes
- Nine (9) Free Cars Given Away Tonight, No Catches, No Gimmicks - Vermont Lake Monsters
- Game Notes: IronBirds at Cyclones - Aberdeen IronBirds
- State College Spikes Game Notes - September 1 at Auburn - State College Spikes
- Errors Derail 'Gades in 12 - Hudson Valley Renegades
- Jammers Top Cutters - Williamsport Crosscutters
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Williamsport Crosscutters Stories
- Latest Bowman Field Hall of Famer & Sports Walk Inductees to be Honored at Cutters 12th Annual Hot S
- Williamsport Crosscutters News Alert - Borders Returns to Cutters Dugout in 2018
- Pat Borders Returns to Cutters Dugout in 2018
- Morandini & Williams Headline 12th Annual Hot Stove Banquet
- Crosscutters Principal Ownership, Trinity Sports Holdings, Named Organization of the Year