Jade Eagleson to Perform at Halftime of Ticats 'Country Night' Game July 26
One of Canadian country music's hottest up-and-coming acts is set to perform at halftime of the Hamilton Tiger-Cats Friday, July 26 game vs. the Winnipeg Blue Bombers at Tim Hortons Field.
Ontario native, Jade Eagleson, winner of the 2017 Boots and Hearts Emerging Artist Showcase, will hit the stage on the Coors Light Patio at halftime of the Black & Gold's first-ever 'Country Night' game, presented by Grain Farmers of Ontario.
Tickets for 'Country Night' are on sale now, starting at $29 per seat. Visit Ticats.ca for more information.
At just 25 years of age, Jade Eagleson's voice takes listeners back to the days of Johnny Cash, George Jones and Randy Travis, in that it's unmistakably country.
In August 2017, Eagleson was crowned the winner of the Boots & Hearts Emerging Artist showcase, beating out a lengthy list of other talented artists. Following the victory, Jade signed with Universal Music and went on to record his debut single, "Got Your Name On It". The song garnered over 23 million streams and peaked at #6 at Canadian Country Radio. Shortly after the song's music video was released, Jade was featured as YouTube Trending's 'Artist On The Rise' and appeared on the website's homepage, which is the first time a Canadian-signed artist in any genre received such an honour. As a result, the music video for "Got Your Name On it" was streamed as much as half-a-million times in a 24-hour period and now has 5x more views than any other Canadian Country Music Video released in 2018.
Jade has since released his debut, self-titled EP containing four tracks, including two versions of the fan favourite, "Got Your Name On It", his second single, "Count The Ways" and love song, "Still Gonna Be You". In the Fall of 2018, Jade completed a 40+ day tour around Canada with fellow country musician, Gord Bamford. With new music and more shows ahead, be sure to check out jadeeagleson.com for the most up-to-date information on this young star in the making.
• Discuss this story on the Canadian Football League message board...
Canadian Football League Stories from July 8, 2019
- Canadian Linebacker Chris Ackie Is Back in the Nest - Montreal Alouettes
- BC Lions Sign Punter Josh Bartel - B.C. Lions
- Eskimos Add Lofton to Practice Roster - Edmonton Eskimos
- Eskimos Introduce $22 General Admission Pass and Free Youth Admission - Edmonton Eskimos
- Jade Eagleson to Perform at Halftime of Ticats 'Country Night' Game July 26 - Hamilton Tiger-Cats
- DB Dondre Wright Joins Practice Roster - Winnipeg Blue Bombers
- RedBlacks Sign Pair, Release Three - Ottawa RedBlacks
- Saskatchewan Roughriders Working with Athlete Era to Grow Minor Football - Saskatchewan Roughriders
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Hamilton Tiger-Cats Stories
- Tiger-Cats Add American Defensive End Bethune to Practice Roster
- Tiger-Cats Add Four Players to Practice Roster, Including Running Back Sutton
- '99 Grey Cup Team Reunion Set for Rob Hitchcock's Wall of Honour Night on October 4
- Evans and Addison Named CFL Top Performers for Week 12
- Tiger-Cats Add National Linebacker Korol to the Practice Roster