Jacksonville Signs WR Devin Wilson
JACKSONVILLE - The Jacksonville Sharks announced today that wide receiver Devin Wilson has been signed to the roster for the 2017 season.
Devin Wilson (6'2",210) enters his third year in arena football and first with the Sharks. In 2016, Wilson played for the Cleveland Gladiators where he racked up 21 receptions for 262 yards and nine touchdowns. Prior to that in 2015, the wide receiver spent a short time in the Canadian Football League with the Saskatchewan Roughriders. He played in two games for the Roughriders with 3 receptions and one touchdown. Wilson also played in five games for the Richmond Raiders of the Professional Indoor Football League in 2015, recording 40 catches for 483 yards and eight touchdowns.
Prior to his professional career, Wilson attended Tennessee State University. During his time as a Tiger, Wilson started in 43 games and caught 102 passes for 1,200 yards and six touchdowns.
Wilson is a native of Hendersonville, Tennessee, where he attended Pope John Paul II High School. Wilson was named to the All-Region football teams during his junior and senior years.
• Discuss this story on the National Arena League message board...
National Arena League Stories from April 19, 2017
- Jacksonville Signs WR Devin Wilson - Jacksonville Sharks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Jacksonville Sharks Stories
- Sharks Look To Repeat History Against The Lions On The Road
- Sharks fall to Pirates in home opener 56-63
- Country Night presented by Baptist Health returns to the Shark Tank
- Week Two Game Preview: Sharks vs. Pirates
- Sharks tame Cobras 41-38 in season opening nail-biter