Isotopes Issue Statement Regarding Delay of MiLB Season
The Albuquerque Isotopes fully support Minor League Baseball's decision to delay the start of the 2020 season. Our Opening Night was originally scheduled for April 14, but our opening will now be delayed for an undetermined amount of time.
With the ever-evolving situation around COVID-19, the prudent and socially responsible thing to do is to proceed with an abundance of caution. Furthermore, we appreciate the direction that the City and State have taken relative to large events and are in full support of every effort being taken to protect the public.
The health and safety of our fans, staff, players, and everyone who frequents the ballpark is of upmost priority and importance.
We will keep everyone updated with plans for our 2020 season once those decisions have been made. For the time being, fans are encouraged to hold onto their tickets.
Thank you for your patience and understanding.
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from March 12, 2020
- Statement from the Oklahoma City Dodgers - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Isotopes Issue Statement Regarding Delay of MiLB Season - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Minor League Baseball Delays Start of 2020 Season - Memphis Redbirds
- Storm Chasers, Werner Park Activities Suspended Indefinitely - Omaha Storm Chasers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Albuquerque Isotopes Stories
- Isotopes Annual Job Fair Goes Online
- Schaeffer Returns to Manage Isotopes, Remainder of Coaching Staff Annoucned
- Jordan Pacheco Announced as Isotopes Hitting Coach
- Isotopes in Fall League Update: November 8
- Fans, Mariachis Highlight Return of Professional Baseball in Duke City