Islanders Announce Tough Guys Like Cats Calendar Campaign
The Charlottetown Islanders, in partnership with the PEI Humane Society and Century 21, are pleased to announce an all-new campaign to help raise money to support animals in need of a forever home.
The Tough Guys Like Cats calendar campaign paired Islanders players with some of the Humane Society's lovable felines for a 2020 calendar photoshoot to promote adoption of cats of all ages. Partial proceeds from the sale of the calendars will be donated back to the Humane Society.
"Partnering with the Humane Society on a project is something that we've been working towards for a number of years," said vice president of sales and marketing Jason Maclean. "It's an organization that's near and dear to my heart; our dog Charlie was adopted. We're proud to be able to bring this project to fruition.
"This is an amazing campaign," said Humane Society development manager Jennifer Harkness. "Seeing all these guys holding these cats and kittens really breaks down the stereotypes of who owns cats and kittens. There are so many in our community but some times they don't get the profile that's needed; this shows that you can be a guy and also own a cat."
The funds will be put towards the Paw Print Capital Campaign, which Harkness says is to renovate the animal care space, including improved air circulation and a play room for cats who have been with the Humane Society for an extended period of time.
The PEI Human Society provides leadership across Prince Edward Island in ensuring the proper treatment of companion animals. Their mission is to advance animal welfare protection province-wide aligned to the Animal Welfare Act, and champion best practices in prevention, sheltering, and placement of companion animals.
"I was really excited when I heard about this fundraiser! Two of my favourite things, the Charlottetown Islanders and cats!" said Kelly Lantz of Century 21 Colonial Realty. "I'm always happy to support the Humane Society; it's so great to see the Islanders team organizing this calendar. I'm sure it's going to be a great keepsake for anyone lucky enough to get one!"
2020 Tough Guys Like Cats calendars will be available for purchase by December 1st for $20. Calendars will be available at the Charlottetown Islanders Team Shop and the PEI Humane Society.
• Discuss this story on the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League message board...
Quebec Major Junior Hockey League Stories from November 13, 2019
- Islanders Announce Tough Guys Like Cats Calendar Campaign - Charlottetown Islanders
- Kia CHL Top 10 Rankings Unveiled - QMJHL
- Vaughn CHL Team of the Week Announced - QMJHL
- Sea Dogs Foundation Donates $7000 to David 'DK' Kelly Memorial Bursary Fund - Saint John Sea Dogs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Charlottetown Islanders Stories
- Isles Road Trip Rolls Through Chicoutimi with Battle against Sagueneens
- Drakkar Hold the Fort at Home, Isles Drop First Game of Quebec Road Trip
- Reversal of Fortunes in Quebec the Game for the Isles Tonight in Baie-Comeau
- Casey Stays Hot, Melancon Scores the Game Winner as Isles Handle the Moose
- Isles and Moose Meet Again for Teddy Bear Toss