IronPigs fall to Fightins in 222 Showcase
(Allentown, Pa) - The Lehigh Valley IronPigs were defeated by the Reading Fightin Phils on Tuesday night at Coca-Cola Park. The Fightins scored five runs off IronPigs starting pitcher Drew Anderson (0-1) and didn't look back as they won 7-3. Reading leads the all-time series, 6-4.
Reading led off the top of the first inning with three hits in a row. Outfielder Adam Haseley started the game with a double, then scored on an RBI single by outfielder Mickey Moniak. Third baseman, Austin Listi followed with a single, then first baseman Darick Hall brought Moniak home with a sacrifice fly. Shortstop Arquimedes Gamboa hit an RBI single and catcher Austin Bossart hit a sacrifice fly to put a cap on the inning.
The Pigs got on the scoreboard in the bottom of the second inning against Fightins starting pitcher Mauricio Llovera (1-0). Designated hitter Andrew Romine scored on a fielding error by Listi and outfielder Shane Robinson hit an RBI single. Infielder Gift Ngoepe added an RBI single for the Pigs in the bottom of the seventh inning.
The Lehigh Valley IronPigs will open the 2019 regular season at Coca-Cola Park on Thursday, April 4 against the Rochester Red Wings. First pitch is scheduled for 7:05 p.m.
The 2019 IronPigs season is the team's 12th as the top affiliate for the Philadelphia Phillies and 12th at Coca-Cola Park. Follow the IronPigs on Twitter at @IronPigs and like them on Facebook via www.facebook.com/LHVIronPigs.
The 2019 IronPigs season is presented by Capital BlueCross.
• Discuss this story on the International League message board...
International League Stories from April 2, 2019
- IronPigs fall to Fightins in 222 Showcase - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Indians Announce Preliminary Opening Day Roster - Indianapolis Indians
- Columbus Clippers Announce 2019 Opening Day Roster - Columbus Clippers
- Red Wings Announce Home Opener Plans - Rochester Red Wings
- RHP Jacob Waguespack Named Bisons Opening Day Starter - Buffalo Bisons
- Bats Announce 2019 Preliminary Roster - Louisville Bats
- Homestand Highlighs: Stripers Host Bobby Cox at Coolray Field Opening - Gwinnett Stripers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Lehigh Valley IronPigs Stories
- Service Electric Network to Televise Phillies Taxi Squad Games
- Lehigh Valley IronPigs 2020 Season Is Canceled
- #HopeningDay to Feature Virtual Baseball Telecast
- 'All Abilities' Night Features Sign Language Jersey Auction
- Pig Day Celebration to be Held Friday, March 6