Intimidators Can't Rally Back Against Crawdads
Kannapolis, NC - The Kannapolis Intimidators kept climbing the mountain Thursday night against the Hickory Crawdads, but every time they neared the top, they fell right back down the mountain. The Intimidators (23-24) could not quite get over the hump against the Crawdads (18-26), losing 6-5 at Fieldcrest Cannon Stadium. The loss for Kannapolis was its second straight to Hickory, forcing a series split.
Kannapolis starter Ricky Brooks looked great in the first two innings, needing just 17 pitches to retire the first six batters in order, with three strikeouts among the six outs. But, a run allowed in the third and four more in the fifth chased Brooks (2-5) out of the game after 4.2 innings.
Hickory starter Serguey Linares suffered a similar fate. He could only last 4.1 innings after allowing four earned runs in the fifth inning, the only four earned runs he has allowed all season in 22.1 innings.
So, in the battle of the bullpens, each team allowed one run. But, Hickory's Kyle Pearson retired the last seven Intimidators hitters in order to quiet the Kannapolis crowd of 3,145.
Kannapolis was paced offensively by Chris Carter. Carter, who had been 1-for-11 in the first three games of the series, went 3-for-3 with three singles, two runs scored, and two RBIs. All three of his singles were to the opposite field. He nearly had a fourth hit, flying out to the warning track in center field for the final out of the contest.
Lee Cruz and Stefan Gartrell each had two hits, combining for three RBIs.
Kannapolis will travel to Greensboro each of the next four days to take on the Grasshoppers in four commuter games. Game time Friday at First Horizon Park is 7:00 pm.
Season Ticket & Advertising information is available now for the 2007 season. For more information or to join the hometown champs call the Intimidators front office at 704.932.FANS (3267) or visit www.intimidatorsbaseball.com.
• Discuss this story on the South Atlantic League message board...
South Atlantic League Stories from May 24, 2007
- Drive Unable To Hold Off Legends, Lose 10-7 - Greenville Drive
- Braves Win Slug Fest - Rome Braves
- Intimidators Can't Rally Back Against Crawdads - Kannapolis Intimidators
- Tourists Pitchers Shut Down Hoppers Again, 3-1 - Greensboro Grasshoppers
- Captains Avoid Sweep, Blank 'Birds 4-0 - Delmarva Shorebirds
- Power edge Greenjackets - West Virginia Power
- Back-to-back shots lead Suns - Hagerstown Suns
- Howard 0-3 in Lakewood 8-6 Loss - Lakewood BlueClaws
- Ryan Howard, Counting Crows, and Holiday Fun - Lakewood BlueClaws
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Kannapolis Intimidators Stories
- Intimidators Announce New Food Distributor and F & B Director
- Nelly to Perform at Intimidators Stadium Supported by Atrium Health
- Intimidators Announce Participation in MiLB Hispanic Fan Engagement Campaign
- Intimidators Announce Field Staff for 2018
- Building Toward the Future