Inter Miami CF Signs Defender A.J. DeLaGarzaÃ¢ÂÂ¯
The three-time MLS Cup winning defender brings experience to the inaugural roster â¯
Inter Miami CF continues adding depth to its roster with the signing of Free Agent defender A.J. DeLaGarza, the Club announced today.
"His versatility and experience are vital for the Club," said Inter Miami CF's Sporting Director Paul McDonough. "Pair that with his leadership ability, and he will be able to come into preseason ready to contribute."
DeLaGarza is a three-time MLS Cup champion, having won the title in 2011, 2012 and 2014 with the LA Galaxy. He also won the Supporters' Shield with the team in 2010 and 2011. Over the course of eight seasons with the Galaxy he made 204 regular season appearances.
Most recently, DeLaGarza featured for the Houston Dynamo, where he won the 2018 Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup. He made 57 regular season appearances for the club, tallying four assists.
DeLaGarza has represented both the United States and Guam on the international stage. He began his international career in 2012, playing in friendlies against Venezuela and Panama for the U.S. Men's National Team.
In 2013, the defender made the switch to represent Guam. He made his debut for the country that year and has since made several appearances for
From 2005 to 2008 DeLaGarza
Club â¯Internacionalâ¯ de FÃºtbol Miami, also known as Inter Miami CF, will play its first-ever home match on Saturday, March 14, at 2:30 p.m. ET, against the LA Galaxy at the new 19,000 seat Fort Lauderdale Stadium, where the Club will play for the 2020 and 2021 seasons.
Located off Commercial Boulevard and I-95, the stadium stands adjacent to the Club's new 50,000 square foot state of the art training facility and its seven professional fields, which will be the home for the MLS, Youth Academy and USL League One teams and also host international clubs, tournaments and local high school sporting events.
Fans can register today for pre-sale access to Inter Miami's first match in Club history at intermiamicf.com/tickets/
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from December 2, 2019
- Joao Moutinho Named to the MLS 22 Under 22 Fans' List for 2019 - Orlando City SC
- Inter Miami CF Signs Defender A.J. DeLaGarzaÃ¢ÂÂ¯ - Inter Miami CF
- Atlanta United Acquires Brooks Lennon from Real Salt Lake - Atlanta United FC
- Real Salt Lake Acquires Allocation Money in Trade with Atlanta United FC - Real Salt Lake
- Inter Miami CF Signs Goalkeeper Luis Robles - Inter Miami CF
- Stage Set for 2019 NCAA Women's College Cup at Avaya Stadium - San Jose Earthquakes
- Nashville SC Trades for Dominique Badji - Nashville SC
- Nashville SC to Play in Western Conference for Inaugural MLS Season - Nashville SC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Inter Miami CF Stories
- Kicking off Year Two with Inter Miami CF Academy Presented by Baptist Health
- Alonso and DeLaGarza Thank Fans for Support Throughout Inaugural Season
- Inter Miami CF Closes Inaugural Season with Road Playoff Loss
- Diego Alonso and Wil Trapp Ready for the Challenge
- International Duty: Pizarro Featured for Mexico, May Rejoin Club for Playoff Match