Inter Miami CF Signs Brazilian Midfielder Gregore
Inter Miami CF announced today it has signed 26-year-old, defensive midfielder Gregore from Brazilian Serie A side Esporte Clube Bahia to a four year contract with an option for an additional year.
Gregore will occupy an international roster slot and is pending receipt of his International Transfer Certificate and P-1 Visa.
"Gregore is a player who has been on my radar for some time, and we are very pleased to bring him to Inter Miami ahead of the 2021 MLS season," said Inter Miami CF Chief Soccer Officer and Sporting Director Chris Henderson. "He has a great engine and brings balance and stability to the central midfield."
In three seasons with Bahia, Gregore gained valuable experience, including making 101 Brazilian Serie A appearances, playing 14 matches in the prestigious international club competition CONMEBOL Copa Sudamericana and being a member of the three time Campeonato Baiano winning side (2018, 2019 and 2020).
The Juiz de Fora, Brazil native initially joined Bahia on loan in 2018, making his Brazilian Serie A debut on April 15, 2018, before becoming a mainstay in the side and earning a permanent move in May 2018. The midfielder amassed a total of 120 appearances across all competitions for the team, registering two goals and nine assists in the process.
Most recently, Gregore was a regular throughout the 2020-2021 Brazilian Serie A campaign, recording 32 appearances, all starts, and cementing himself as a key player for the team.
Prior to joining Bahia, Gregore came through the ranks at the Clube Atlético Joseense academy and made his professional debut for the first team in 2013. He played three seasons for the club (2013, 2014 and 2015) before joining São Carlos Futebol Clube in 2015, where he played until 2018. During his spell at São Carlos, he was sent on loan to Santos Futebol Clube, where he featured for the B-team in 2016 and 2017.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from February 24, 2021
- Chicago Fire FC Announces 2021 Preseason Schedule - Chicago Fire FC
- Columbus Crew SC Unveils Latest Renderings of New Crew Stadium - Columbus Crew SC
- Houston Dynamo FC Loan Erik McCue to Charleston Battery - Houston Dynamo FC
- LA Galaxy Unveil 2021 Community Kit - LA Galaxy
- Orlando City SC Defender Suspended Pending Investigation - MLS
- Laurent Ciman Named Assistant Coach - Club de Foot Montreal
- Nashville SC Acquires Veteran Goalkeeper Bryan Meredith - Nashville SC
- Inter Miami CF Signs Brazilian Midfielder Gregore - Inter Miami CF
- Season Ticket Memberships Now on Sale to General Public - FC Cincinnati
- Chicago Fire FC Partners with Common Goal to Launch the Anti-Racist Project - Chicago Fire FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Inter Miami CF Stories
- Patrick Seagrist Joins Indy Eleven on Loan
- Inter Miami CF Signs Goalkeeper Nick Marsman
- Inter Miami CF Trades Dylan Nealis to Nashville SC
- Inter Miami CF Preseason Scrimmages Update
- Inter Miami CF and AutoNation Partner to Drive out Cancer; Sign Multi-Year Stadium Naming Rights and Training Top Deal