Inter Miami CF Partners with HYPE Sports Innovation to Solve the Sports Industry's Greatest Challenges for 2021
Inter Miami CF announced today that the Club will partner with HYPE Sports Innovation ("HYPE") for its second cycle of the Global Virtual Accelerator 2.0 (GVA2.0), a program aiming to solve the industry's greatest challenges.
"As a new Club heading into our second season in MLS, we are excited to be a part of this project and to partner with industry and tech professionals who will facilitate new and innovative solutions for internal business operations," said Jean Manuel Jimenez, VP of Content and Broadcast at Inter Miami CF. "GVA2.0 will give us new ways to tackle challenges, especially as they pertain to technology and the generation of commercial opportunities by allowing new, creative minds to develop solutions that could ultimately influence our business decisions."
Inter Miami will have front row access to the latest technologies and innovations available in the sports media industry through HYPE. The GVA2.0 program will kick off with a presentation of business challenges from each participant to a shortlist of startups narrowed down from around 900+ applications, who will be tasked with conducting a series of product/service pilots addressing the challenges. The goal for the startups will be to produce relevant solutions that could be implemented into the participants' existing infrastructures.
"We and our partners are focusing on 2021/2022 in order to make sure that sport and innovation will continue to impact people's lives in a way that is yet to be experienced," said Amir Raveh, Founder, and President of HYPE Sports Innovation.
The first Sports Tech Global Virtual Accelerator (GVA) program launched in early 2020 with franchises like the Los Angeles Football Club in MLS, the Miami Dolphins in NFL and the Toronto Blue Jays in MLB, among others. The program resulted in 17 confirmed pilots and commercial agreements between sports tech startups and sports clubs and federations around the world, focusing primarily on technologies such as 5G, blockchain, AI, BIG Data, etc.
Startups who are keen and ready to solve real challenges are invited to apply for this unique opportunity, which will take place during the entire year, starting in January 2021.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from January 12, 2021
- Inter Miami CF Partners with HYPE Sports Innovation to Solve the Sports Industry's Greatest Challenges for 2021 - Inter Miami CF
- Real Salt Lake Names Ignacio "Nacho" Hernandez Goalkeeper Coach - Real Salt Lake
- LA Galaxy Acquire Defender Jorge Villafana - LA Galaxy
- Timbers Acquire First-Round Pick in 2021 MLS SuperDraft from LA Galaxy in Exchange for Defender Jorge Villafana - Portland Timbers
- Impact Acquires Forward Sunusi Ibrahim - Club de Foot Montreal
- Timbers Sign Defender Larrys Mabiala to Multi-Year Contract Extension - Portland Timbers
- Whitecaps FC Launch BMO Atlantic Canada Development Centre - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Real Salt Lake Signs RSL Academy Goalkeeper Jeff Dewsnup - Real Salt Lake
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Inter Miami CF Stories
- Co-Owners Jorge Mas and David Beckham Welcome Phil Neville and Chris Henderson
- Phil Neville: "One Thing That Really Excites Me Is to Prove People WrongÃ¢ÂÂ
- Inter Miami CF Receives 2022 SuperDraft Second Round Pick from Seattle Sounders FC
- Inter Miami CF Selects Penn, Mabika and Hafferty in 2021 MLS SuperDraft
- Inter Miami CF Set for 2021 MLS SuperDraft on Thursday