Indy's Marcinew Named Inglasco/ECHL Player of the Week
December 22, 2020 - ECHL (ECHL) News Release
PRINCETON, N.J. - Matt Marcinew of the Indy Fuel is the Inglasco ECHL Player of the Week for Dec. 14-20.
Marcinew scored one goal and added three assists in Indy's 4-3 win at Kansas City on Friday.
The 27-year-old is tied for fourth in the ECHL with four points (1g-3a) in three games this season.
A native of Calgary, Alberta, Marcinew has tallied 97 points (37g-60a) in 130 career ECHL games with Indy, Greenville and Manchester. He has added 13 points (4g-9a) in 41 career American Hockey League games with Ontario, Springfield and Stockton.
Prior to turning pro, Marcinew recorded 64 points (29g-35a) in 160 career games at the University of Denver.
On behalf of Matt Marcinew, a case of pucks will be donated to an Indy youth hockey organization by Inglasco, the exclusive puck supplier of the ECHL. Since beginning its sponsorship of the award in 2000-01, Inglasco has donated more than 43,000 pucks to youth hockey organizations in ECHL cities.
Runner Up: Patrick Harper, Florida (2 gp, 3g, 1a, 4 pts.).
Also Nominated: Alex Green (Orlando), Andrew Cherniwchan (South Carolina) and Lawton Courtnall (Wheeling).
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from December 22, 2020
- ECHL Transactions - December 22 - ECHL
- IceMen Acquire Forward Jared VanWormer from Allen - Jacksonville IceMen
- Matt Marcinew Named ECHL Player of the Week - Indy Fuel
- Indy's Marcinew Named Inglasco/ECHL Player of the Week - ECHL
- Reading Royals Introduce FanSaves App to Connect Their Fans and Sponsors - Reading Royals
- Glads' Prez Named Chairman of Newest ECHL Committee - Atlanta Gladiators
- Florida's Cooley Named Warrior Hockey/ECHL Goaltender of the Week - ECHL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.