Indy Eleven Signs Venezuelan Forward Manuel Arteaga
INDIANAPOLIS - Indy Eleven made its first international signing of the 2021 offseason official with today's announcement that Venezuelan forward Manuel Arteaga has joined the Boys in Blue. Terms of the contract that brings the veteran striker to Indiana's Team will not be released, per club policy.
Arteaga comes to Indianapolis with 10 seasons of professional experience in tow, despite entering the prime of his career at just 26 years of age. The Venezuelan is the 14th player signed to the Eleven's 2021 roster, and the fourth new addition during the 2020/21 offseason. The Indy Eleven roster as it currently stands includes:
Goalkeepers: Jordan Farr*, Evan Newton*
Defenders: Rece Buckmaster, Neveal Hackshaw*, Karl Ouimette*, Jared Timmer
Midfielders: Ayoze (Garcia)*, Mitch Guitar*, Carl Haworth*
Forwards: Manuel Arteaga, Cal Jennings, Nick Moon*, Tyler Pasher*, Josh Penn*
* returning player from 2020 roster
Discussions with additional players are ongoing, and the club will make more roster transactions official in the coming days and weeks. To keep track of Indy Eleven's roster as its fourth campaign in the USL Championship approaches, visit indyeleven.com/2021-roster.
"Manuel Arteaga is a true 'number 9' who will provide both a physical and technical presence inside and around the penalty area," said Indy Eleven Head Coach Martin Rennie. "He is a proven and talented goal scorer and we look forward to the impact he will have in our attack in 2021."
Arteaga (are-tee-AH-ga) joins Indy Eleven after suiting up in numerous professional leagues across South America and Europe. The native of Maracaibo, Venezuela, has spent most of his time in that country's Primera (First) Division, where he averaged 0.48 goals per 90 minutes while scoring 65 times across 162 appearances for Zulia FC (2010-15), Deportivo AnzoÃ¡tegui SC(2013-15), Deportivo La Guaira FC (2017-19), and, most recently, Zamora FC (2019-20).
In addition to playing for Bolivian powerhouse The Strongest (2016-17), Arteaga also plied his trade at the highest level in Europe with Parma of Serie A (Italy), and Hajduk Split (Croatia) amongst others. In all, Arteaga has notched 68 goals for his clubs spanning 199 professional appearances since making his debut at the age of 16 for Zulia in 2010.
Arteaga also has experience within the Venezuelan Men's National Team structure, having represented La Vinotinto at the Senior, U-17, and U-20 levels. He has registered six appearances for clubs in CONMEBOL Copa Libertadores and Copa Sudamericana action, the premier club tournaments for South American sides.
Want to watch Miguel and the rest of the Boys in Blue in action in 2021? For just a $25 per seat deposit, 2021 Season Ticket Memberships can be yours! Learn more and secure seats for this season by visiting indyeleven.com/tickets or calling 317-685-1100.
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League Championship message board...
United Soccer League Championship Stories from January 11, 2021
- Roots Sign Midfielder Memo Diaz - Oakland Roots
- 21 Cases for An Exciting 2021 Championship Campaign - Sacramento Republic FC
- Around the Leagues: Liga BBVA MX Kicks off New Campaign - Sacramento Republic FC
- Indy Eleven Signs Venezuelan Forward Manuel Arteaga - Indy Eleven
- FC Tulsa to be Presenting Sponsor of 2021 Sundance Film Festival in Tulsa - FC Tulsa
- Goalkeeper Carlos Merancio Signs with Hartford Athletic - Hartford Athletic
- Miami FC Ink Experienced Winger Billy Forbes - Miami FC
- Three-Time USL Championship Final-Winner Devon "Speedy" Williams Joins Miami FC - Miami FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Indy Eleven Stories
- Indy Eleven Adds Heritage Environmental Services to Corporate Partnerships Family for 2021 Season
- Alpha Health & Wellness Returns as Official Chiropractic Partner of Indy Eleven
- Indy Eleven Adds Veteran Defender A.J. Cochran
- Forward Josh Penn Acquired via Transfer by Major League Soccer's Inter Miami CF
- Bobby Edwards Boosts Indy Eleven Goalkeeping Corps