Individual Tickets for All Dynamo Home Games Through July 6 Now on Sale
HOUSTON, TX (Wednesday, April 3, 2013) - Individual tickets for all Dynamo home games through July 6 are now on sale. Tickets are available at www.HoustonDynamo.com, by calling 713-276 GOAL and at the BBVA Compass Stadium ticket office (2200 Texas St., Houston) from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m., Monday through Friday.
The five additional games now available for purchase include the Colorado Rapids (April 28), Sporting Kansas City (May 12), New England Revolution (May 18), Toronto FC (June 22) and the Philadelphia Union (July 6). The games span the sparsest portion of the home schedule, with only five home games in the ten-week stretch.
The Rapids (0-3-2) visit the Dynamo on April 28 for a Sunday afternoon (4 p.m.) kickoff. Colorado settled for a 2-2 home draw on Saturday vs. Portland. After a roster overhaul this offseason, the Rapids feature rookie forward Deshorn Brown (No. 6 overall pick, 2013 draft) and Dillon Powers (No. 11 overall pick, 2013 draft) as well as veteran defender Marvell Wynne and former Dynamo midfielder Brian Mullan.
The Dynamo welcome Sporting Kansas City to BBVA Compass Stadium on May 12, presented by Statoil, in a playoff rematch after the clubs met in the postseason each of the last two years. Sporting Kansas City had the best record in the Eastern Conference in 2012 before the Dynamo defeated them in the playoffs with a 2-1 aggregate series victory.
Sporting KC (2-1-2) is on a four-game unbeaten run and has recorded a shutout in three straight games, including a 2-0 win over the Montreal Impact on Saturday. Sporting KC features Argentine newcomer Claudio Bieler, who leads the club with three goals in five games this season. Sporting KC also features midfielder Graham Zusi and defender Matt Besler, both starters for the United States national team in a 0-0 draw at Mexico on March 26. Zusi led MLS with 15 assists last season while Besler was named MLS Defender of the Year.
The New England Revolution (1-2-1) visit Houston on May 18. The Revs have played in four low-scoring games this season, including three 1-0 matches and a scoreless draw in the fourth as the club has allowed just two goals. Honduran forward Jerry Bengtson has the club's only goal, a game-winner in a 1-0 win over Chicago. The Revolution selected defender Andrew Farrell with the No. 1 overall selection in the 2013 MLS SuperDraft.
The Dynamo host Toronto FC (1-2-1) on June 22 in a match presented by Dr Pepper for the lone Dynamo home game in June. Toronto has held its own against a difficult March schedule, securing a 2-1 home win over Sporting KC and a 2-2 home draw against the LA Galaxy. Welsh forward Robert Earnshaw has scored four of the club's five goals in his first season with Toronto.
The Dynamo host the Philadelphia Union (2-2-0) on July 6, presented by Budweiser, in their only visit to Houston this season. 20-year-old forward Jack McInerney (two goals) leads a revamped Union attacking corps that includes Union returnee Sebastien Le Toux and Conor Casey.
Individual tickets start at $24. The Dynamo carry a 34-game home unbeaten streak in all competitions into their next home game, April 14 vs. the Chicago Fire. Houston has equaled Real Salt Lake's Major League Soccer record home unbeaten streak in all competitions (includes CONCACAF Champions League and playoffs) and can set a new mark with or a win or a tie against Chicago.
Dynamo full-season ticket packages are still available (prorated pricing starts at $320) and include 16 remaining home games. Five game plans (starting at $115) and 10-game plans (starting at $220) are also available. To purchase your package or for more information on tickets, call (713) 276-GOAL.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from April 3, 2013
- Chicago Fire to Host Third Annual Art of Futbol Event - Chicago Fire
- Rapids Midfielder Kevin Harbottle to Miss 4-6 Weeks with Knee Injury - Colorado Rapids
- Mike Magee Named MLS Player of the Month - Los Angeles Galaxy
- Aaron Horton Undergoes Successful Knee Surgery - Columbus Crew SC
- Real Salt Lake Update - Real Salt Lake
- D.C. United Loans Goalkeeper Andrew Dykstra to the Richmond Kickers - D.C. United
- Sounders FC Children's Book Now Available on eBook - Seattle Sounders FC
- Rio Tinto Stadium Sells out June 18 USMNT World Cup Qualifier - Real Salt Lake
- Robbie Keane Fit and Ready for CCL Clash against Monterrey - Los Angeles Galaxy
- Sporting KC Manager Peter Vermes Voted into National Soccer Hall of Fame - Sporting Kansas City
- Wahl Holding Down Left Back Spot - Columbus Crew SC
- LA Galaxy Midfielder Mike Magee Voted MLS Player of the Month - MLS
- Thorns FC Single-Game Tickets Go on Sale Thursday - Portland Timbers
- Shuttleworth Steps into the Breach - New England Revolution
- Fagundez Finally Earns a Starting Berth - New England Revolution
- Individual Tickets for All Dynamo Home Games Through July 6 Now on Sale - Houston Dynamo
- Seattle Sounders FC Tipped by Santos Laguna 1-0 - Seattle Sounders FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Houston Dynamo Stories
- Dynamo Strike Early in 2-2 Draw at D.C. United
- Game Notes: Houston Dynamo at D.C. United
- Dynamo Fall to Vancouver 2-1; Travel to D.C. United Next Week
- DF Adolfo Machado Named to Panama's Roster for International Friendlies
- Game Notes: Houston Dynamo vs. Vancouver Whitecaps FC