Indiana Fever Sign Jessica January
INDIANAPOLIS - The Indiana Fever signed free agent guard, Jessica January, to a training camp contract today.
"Jessica is a veteran point guard and floor general with significant international experience," Head Coach Marianne Stanley said. "Signing her to our training camp roster will give us additional competition at our guard positions."
She averaged 14.8 points, 6.7 rebounds and 4.7 assists per game this season with Piestanske Cajky (Slovakia).
January was taken by the Connecticut Sun with the 28th pick in the 2017 WNBA Draft out of DePaul.
From 2013-17, January averaged 12.1 points, 4.5 rebounds, 4.4 assists and 27.1 minutes per contest in 126 games with the Blue Demons.
A new decade of Indiana Fever basketball is scheduled to tip off on Friday, May 15 under new head coach, Marianne Stanley. The 21st regular season of Indiana Fever basketball begins at historic Hinkle Fieldhouse against the Atlanta Dream. Fans may purchase tickets by visiting feverbasketball.com.
The preseason schedule will be announced at a later date.
• Discuss this story on the Women's National Basketball Association message board...
Women's National Basketball Association Stories from March 19, 2020
- Indiana Fever Sign Jessica January - Indiana Fever
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Indiana Fever Stories
- Tamika Catchings Honored as Torchbearer Award Recipient
- Julie Allemand Named to WNBA All-Rookie Team
- Julie Allemand Named to Associated Press All-Rookie Team
- Dupree Moves into Sixth on WNBA All-Time Rebounding List
- Fever End 2020 Regular Season against Minnesota on Saturday