Indiana Fever Announce 20 Towns for 20 Seasons Tour
INDIANAPOLIS - Celebrating their 20th season in the WNBA this summer, the Indiana Fever is scheduled for a three-month tour encompassing festivals and carnivals, basketball tournaments, community concerts, an Easter egg hunt, a farmer's market and a parade.
The Fever's 20 Towns for 20 Seasons tour of statewide communities launches Saturday, April 13 with an appearance at the historic Hoosier Gym in Knightstown and concludes on the evening of Tuesday, June 18 when Freddy Fever marches in the Fireman's Festival Parade in Bremen.
"This is who we are, and basketball is what we do," said Fever President and COO Dr. Allison Barber. "Our 20th season is a terrific opportunity to highlight our great game and professional athletes."
She continued, "We might not reach every town and county over the next three months, but we will take very seriously our commitment to Indiana communities statewide."
Counting Indianapolis and a visit to nearby Cincinnati for a visit with hometown Fever star Kelsey Mitchell, kids, families and fans in 21 communities will engage with a variety of players, alumni players, coaches or Freddy Fever; social media opportunities, interactive games and a prize wheel. The first 20 guests at each location will receive a commemorative t-shirt and a pair of complimentary tickets to a home game during the Fever's Anniversary Week, (or another upcoming game).
Indiana's 2019 home schedule begins with Anniversary Week, bookended by home games on historic dates. The Fever's home opener is June 1, the same date on which Indiana played its very first game in 2000. Indiana's second home game is June 7, exactly 20 years after the franchise was founded
The opening day of the tour features photo and autograph sessions with a Fever player or coach at three girls basketball events - the Hoosiers Reunion Classic all-star doubleheader (10:30 a.m.) in Knightstown; the IndyBall Shootout girls basketball tournament at Pacers Athletic Center in Westfield (2:00 p.m.); and the Gym Rats Spring Kickoff girls tournament in Fort Wayne (11:00 a.m.).
Another photo and autograph session takes place at the Best of the Midwest girls basketball tournament at Franklin Community High School on Sunday, April 14 (11:00 a.m.). The opening week of the tour includes a visit to Bloomington on April 16 and ends at the Eggnormous Egg Hunt in Zionsville on April 20.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from April 9, 2019
- The Chase for Three Continues: Vipers Force a Winner Take All in the 2019 NBA G League Finals - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Hustle Guard Tarik Phillip Signs with Washington Wizards - Memphis Hustle
- Chris Boucher and Jordan Loyd Named to All-G League Team - Raptors 905
- Indiana Fever Announce 20 Towns for 20 Seasons Tour - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Fort Wayne Mad Ants Stories
- Mad Ants Acquire Walt Lemon Jr. from Windy City
- "Madame Ants" Change Name to "Mad Dancerz"
- Mad Ants Finalize 2019-20 Basketball Operations and Front Office Personnel
- Mad Ants Host Open Tryouts in Fort Wayne Tomorrow
- Mad Ants Host Open Tryouts in Fort Wayne on Saturday