Impact Takes Part in MLS Works Week of Service
MONTREAL - For a fourth consecutive year, the Montreal Impact will take part in the MLS WORKS Week of Service through diverse activities organized to highlight Earth Day, putting an emphasis on ecology and protecting the environment. The club will participate in two community activities this Wednesday, April 17, while the first team will wear Parley jerseys made entirely from recycled marine plastic waste for its game on Saturday, April 20, at 1pm against the Philadelphia Union, at Talen Energy Stadium (TVA Sports, TSN, 98.5, TSN 690).
The club's employees will come to the aid of two community organizations: the community garden of Ruelle de l'avenir organization, and Projet Harmonie, to help in cleaning and other chores, in order to kick spring off on the right foot.
To highlight Earth Day, adidas, MLS and Parley for the Oceans are partnering together for a second straight year to create special Parley jerseys, made from technical yarns comprised of intercepted plastic waste. Each jersey was made with the equivalent of 20 plastic bottles. This initiative was put in place in 2018 in order to sensitize supporters to limit usage of single-use plastics.
Every MLS team playing this weekend on the occasion of Earth Day will wear one of two variations of this special jersey. This year, the Impact will wear a navy-blue jersey with light blue highlights. It will be available in limited quantity at the Montreal Impact boutique at Stade Saputo during the game on April 28, at 12:30pm, against the Chicago Fire (TICKETS - TVA Sports, 98,5, TSN 690).
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from April 15, 2019
- Earthquakes Weekly Update: April 15, 2019 - San Jose Earthquakes
- Houston Dynamo Midfielder Tomas MartÃnez Named to MLS Team of the Week - Houston Dynamo
- Impact Takes Part in MLS Works Week of Service - Montreal Impact
- Ezequiel Barco Voted MLS Player of the Week - Atlanta United FC
- Sounders FC to Open Full Stadium Capacity for Four Matches in 2019 MLS Regular Season - Seattle Sounders FC
- Chicago Fire Weekly Update - April 15, 2019 - Chicago Fire
- Managing Nani's Workload a Key for City's Success - Orlando City SC
- Atlanta United Midfielder Ezequiel Barco Voted MLS Player of the Week - MLS
- FC Cincinnati Weekly Update: April 15, 2019 - FC Cincinnati
- New York City FC to Host Bronx Borough Night on Wednesday, April 24 - New York City FC
- Busio Strikes Late as Sporting Snares 2-2 Draw vs. Red Bulls - Sporting Kansas City
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Montreal Impact Stories
- Six Players from the Impact Academy at the U17 World Cup in Brazil
- Montreal Impact Foundation Donates Multisport Mini-Field to Parc Joe-Beef
- Orji Okwonkwo Named Impact Most Valuable Player
- Montreal Impact's Possible Opponents in CONCACAF Champions League Are Known
- Impact Shuts out New York Red Bulls 3-0