Impact Completes Permanent Transfer of Ballou Tabla
MONTREAL - The Montreal Impact announced on Wednesday that it acquired Homegrown midfielder Ballou Tabla from Spanish club FC Barcelona, coming to terms on a two-year contract with two option years.
"We are happy to have Ballou back with us following this transfer," said Impact sporting director Olivier Renard. "The talent of this young Quebecer was never put into question. Now it's up to him to do everything and bounce back."
Tabla joined the Impact on loan on August 7, 2019, after being transferred to Barcelona B on January 25, 2018. He then played four MLS games, including one start.
In 2017, in his first year in the North American league, he played 21 games, including 11 starts, scoring two goals and adding two assists. He became the Impact's youngest player to take part in an MLS game at the age of 17 years and 338 days on Saturday, March 4, 2017, in San Jose.
With the Catalan club's reserve squad, he played 30 games, in addition to playing a game with FC Barcelona U19s in the U19 UEFA Championship, scoring three goals and adding two assists. In the winter of 2019, he was sent on loan to Albacete Balompié, in Spain's second division, where he played two games.
The 20-year-old midfielder joined the club's Academy for the first time in 2012. He then played with the Impact U18 in 2015, before joining FC Montréal (USL) in 2016. He previously played with the Pointe-aux-Trembles Jets and Montreal amateur club CS Panellinios.
Transaction: The Montreal Impact acquires Ballou Tabla via transfer from Spanish club FC Barcelona and comes to terms on a two-year deal, with two option years.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from January 15, 2020
- LAFC Acquires Dutch Goalkeeper Kenneth Vermeer - Los Angeles FC
- Sounders FC Becomes Founding Partner of Seattle Chapter of Women in Sports and Events - Seattle Sounders FC
- Real Salt Lake Signs Homegrown Forward Milan Iloski - Real Salt Lake
- Houston Dynamo Announce 2020 Promotional Schedule - Houston Dynamo
- Flores, Loria, Paredes Called up for International Matches - Portland Timbers
- LA Galaxy Sign Goalkeeper Eric Lopez to Homegrown Player Contract - LA Galaxy
- D.C. United Announce 2020 Preseason Schedule - D.C. United
- Nashville SC Signs Tah Brian Anunga - Nashville SC
- LAFC Announces BODYARMOR as the Club'sofficial Sports Drink Partner - Los Angeles FC
- BODYARMOR Becomes Official Sports Drink of the New York Red Bulls - New York Red Bulls
- Earthquakes Announce 2020 Preseason Schedule - San Jose Earthquakes
- BODYARMOR, Kobe Bryant and MLS Players Kick off Major League Soccer Partnership - MLS
- BODYARMOR Becomes Official Sports Drink of D.C. United - D.C. United
- BODYARMOR Becomes Official Sports Drink of Inter Miami CF - Inter Miami CF
- BODYARMOR Becomes Official Sports Drink of Nashville SC - Nashville SC
- BODYARMOR Becomes Official Sports Drink of FC Cincinnati - FC Cincinnati
- BODYARMOR Becomes Official Sports Drink of Philadelphia Union - Philadelphia Union
- Revolution Hire 98.5 the Sports Hub Anchor Mike "Sarge" Riley as Public Address Announcer - New England Revolution
- Bodyarmor Becomes Official Sports Drink of Houston Dynamo - Houston Dynamo
- BODYARMOR Becomes Official Sports Drink of Chicago Fire FC - Chicago Fire
- Chicago Fire FC Announces Technical Staff Additions - Chicago Fire
- Impact Completes Permanent Transfer of Ballou Tabla - Montreal Impact
- D.C. United and Leidos Extend Presenting Partner Agreement - D.C. United
- 2020 FC Cincinnati Match Tickets Now Available to the Public - FC Cincinnati
- Whitecaps FC and Midfielder Jon Erice Mutually Agree to Part Ways - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.