IceHogs Launch New Mobile App, Powered by HockeyTech
ROCKFORD, Ill. - The Rockford IceHogs today announced that their revamped and redesigned mobile app is available for download from the Google Play and IOS App store.
Powered by HockeyTech, the IceHogs' new mobile app is a one-stop-shop for all team news, stats, roster updates and promotions. Once fans download the app, they can immediately access the latest IceHogs headlines, track the team's social media posts across all social media platforms and view up-to-date team and league leaders in a variety of statistical categories.
In addition, a new feature for the Hogs' app is the opportunity to participate in a variety of in-game auctions and promotions. Fans, while in attendance at IceHogs home games, can "check in" on the mobile app to both participate in in-game promotions and be entered to win different prizes throughout the 2018-19 season. Checking-in-to-win will give users access to promotions like in-game trivia and digital puck shuffle on the video board, and in-game auctions for different team items like pucks, sticks and jerseys.
An additional benefit of the IceHogs' new app is the ability to watch all of Rockford's home and road games natively in the app. With a subscription to AHLTV, fans will be able to access the video feed of each IceHogs game and select the home or road team's broadcast for the audio overlay of games. App users can also access a game hub directly on the app's home page by clicking the downward carrot underneath the upcoming matchup at the top of their mobile device. A dropdown will appear which will provide access to a "watch now" button for the game feed, "listen" button for the game's audio broadcast, "boxscore" for game stats and "highlights" for video highlights of the current contest.
Tickets and IceHogs merchandise are also available for purchase directly through the app. Fans just need to click on the "more" button on the bottom bar on the app and select "IceHogs tickets" or "hog wear" to browse available tickets or Hogs gear.
The IceHogs new app is currently available for download for all Apple and Android devices. Fans are encouraged to now delete the Hogs' old app from their mobile device.
NEXT HOME GAME: Friday, Oct. 19 vs. San Antonio Rampage | 4 p.m.
The Rockford IceHogs will host their division rival, the San Antonio Rampage for the first time this season Friday, Oct. 19 at the BMO Harris Bank Center. Rockford knotched points in four of six games against the Rampage last season, posting a 3-2-0-1 record in the series.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from October 15, 2018
- IceHogs Launch New Mobile App, Powered by HockeyTech - Rockford IceHogs
- San Diego Gulls Issue Update on Jack Kopacka - San Diego Gulls
- Manitoba Moose Weekly: October 15 - Manitoba Moose
- Rampage Weekly Report - October 15 - San Antonio Rampage
- Blandisi Joins Gulls - San Diego Gulls
- Week 2 Report: Hogs Rebound, Sweep Home-Opening Series - Rockford IceHogs
- Game #4 Preview: Tucson at San Jose - Tucson Roadrunners
- Griff's Georgetown Grand Reopening to be Held on Sunday - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Roadrunners Weekly - Tucson Roadrunners
- Chicago Wolves Insider for October 15 - Chicago Wolves
- Wolf Pack Weekly - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Rochester's Victor Olofsson Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week - Rochester Americans
- Rochester's Victor Olofsson Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week - AHL
- Canucks Recall Forward Adam Gaudette - Utica Comets
- Senators and CAA Start 50/50 Jackpot at $5,000 for Wednesday Night - Belleville Senators
- Checkers Announce Opening Weekend Promotions - Charlotte Checkers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Rockford IceHogs Stories
- Blackhawks Agree to Extension with Hogs Team MVP Nilsson
- Week 28 Report: Hogs Hit 80 Points as Season Comes to Close
- Comeback Stalls in Season Finale against Admirals
- IceHogs Announce 2018-19 Team Awards
- Rockford Eliminated from Playoff Push with Shutout in Iowa