IceHogs' Drive-Thru Teddy Bear Toss and Winter Clothing Drive Is Tomorrow
The Holidays are here! Join the IceHogs tomorrow, Saturday, Dec. 19 for their annual Teddy Bear Toss and Winter Clothing Drive presented by Lawncare by Walter from 9:00 a.m. until Noon at the BMO! All donations benefit local organizations during the holiday season!
Know Before You Go: Driving Directions & FAQ
Like traditional Teddy Bear Toss games, fans are encouraged to bring new stuffed animals to BMO Harris Bank Center. While in their vehicles, fans will drive into the arena, entering through the main service doors off Main St. and onto the "ice" (arena floor), toss their stuffed animals onto the arena floor, and exit onto Chestnut St.
Following COVID-19 safety protocols, all fans must wear a mask if interacting with anyone within six feet. BMO Harris Bank Center and the Rockford IceHogs are closely following all health and safety protocols issued by the Winnebago County Health Department and the City of Rockford.
Chicago Blackhawks Vice President, Hockey Operations/Team Affiliates Mark Bernard, IceHogs Head Coach Derek King and IceHogs Director of Business Operations Mike Peck will be at the BMO greeting fans as they pass through the arena and fans that participate will receive an autographed IceHogs poster while supplies last!
Once again, Mark Bernard and his wife Julie will be donating stuffed animals through Mark's "Bernie's Bears" promotion. Bernie's Bears will be matched by a donation from the Chicago Blackhawks Foundation.
The IceHogs are also hosting a winter clothing drive during Teddy Bear Toss and fans can bring winter clothing items to the event, including new or gently used jackets, winter hats, gloves, and mittens for a winter item drive. All items will be donated to Miss Carly's Place in Rockford.
Can't make it on Saturday? Stop by the BMO Harris Bank Center's Box Office between 10:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m. on Wednesday, Dec. 16, Thursday, Dec. 17 or Friday, Dec. 18 to donate the stuffed animals and winter clothes.
Last season, IceHogs fans donated 4,369 stuffed animals during the club's annual Teddy Bear Toss event. Since the team's inception, the IceHogs have generated over 43,000 stuffed animals through the event, all of which are donated to local organizations.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from December 18, 2020
- Amerks Defenseman Nathan Paetsch Announces Retirement from Pro Hockey - Rochester Americans
- IceHogs' Drive-Thru Teddy Bear Toss and Winter Clothing Drive Is Tomorrow - Rockford IceHogs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Rockford IceHogs Stories
- Gov. Pritzker Joins Blackhawks and Rockford Officials to Announce $23 Million BMO Harris Bank Center Capital Renovation
- IceHogs Unveil Premiere Auction, Raffle, and Sale for Autism Awareness Month Supporting the Autism Program of Easterseals
- Hogs Weekly: IceHogs Close Four-Game Mini Series vs. Chicago Wednesday; Visit Griffins on Saturday
- Hogs Game Day: IceHogs and Wolves Rumble in Hoffman Estates Tonight
- IceHogs Celebrate Autism Awareness Month All April Supporting the Autism Program of Easterseals