Hurricanes Claim Kindree off Waivers
LETHBRIDGE, AB - The Lethbridge Hurricanes Hockey Club announced Monday they have claimed overage forward Liam Kindree off waivers from the Kelowna Rockets.
Kindree, 21, was originally drafted by the Rockets in the fourth round (87th overall) in the 2015 WHL Bantam Draft. The North Vancouver, BC product appeared in 33 games in 2019-2020 with the Rockets totaling 16 points (8g-8a) along with 27 penalty minutes. He has appeared in 143 career regular season games, all with Kelowna, collecting 78 points (23g- 55a) along with 79 penalty minutes.
The 5'10, 182-pound left-winger set a career-high 34-points in the 2018-2019 season. Kindree has also appeared in five career post-season games adding one assist.
The overage forward is expected to arrive in Lethbridge this weekend to begin his WHL mandatory quarantine prior to joining the team. The 'Canes now have 15-forwards, eight defenseman and two goaltenders on their roster.
The 'Canes will be on a bye this weekend. An updated schedule is expected to be announced in the coming days.
• Discuss this story on the Western Hockey League message board...
Western Hockey League Stories from March 1, 2021
- Former Winterhawks Captain Ludvig Scores First Pro Goal - Portland Winterhawks
- Follow the Wheat Kings by Signing up with WHL Live on CHL TV - Brandon Wheat Kings
- ICE Equipment in Good Hands - Winnipeg Ice
- Western Hockey League Announces Weekly Award Winners - WHL
- Oil Kings Sebastian Cossa Named WHL's Goaltender of the Week - Edmonton Oil Kings
- Oil Kings Guenther Named WHL's Player of the Week - Edmonton Oil Kings
- Hurricanes Claim Kindree off Waivers - Lethbridge Hurricanes
- 2020-21 Wheat Kings Roster Announced - Brandon Wheat Kings
- This Season, We'Re Playing for Bobby Kirkness - Saskatoon Blades
- Warriors Roster Set for East Division Hub - Moose Jaw Warriors
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Lethbridge Hurricanes Stories
- WHL Announces Suspension of Team Activities for Calgary Hitmen & Medicine Hat Tigers
- WHL Announces Remaining Central Division Schedule
- WHL Announces Next Three Weeks of Central Division Schedule
- Hurricanes Claim Kindree off Waivers
- Stringer to Donate to Canadian Cancer Society