Houston Dynamo Sign Defender Kyle Adams from RGV FC
HOUSTON - The Houston Dynamo have signed defender Kyle Adams, the club announced today.
"Kyle has performed well over the course of the last two seasons with our USL team, RGV FC, to earn this opportunity with the Dynamo First Team," said Dynamo Senior Vice President and General Manager Matt Jordan. "We like that he is a naturally left-footed young center back who will have the opportunity to learn from our veteran defenders and coaching staff as he continues to develop and grow."
Adams joins the Dynamo after a two-year stint with the club's USL Championship affiliate, Rio Grande Valley FC. The defender served as the captain of RGV FC throughout the 2019 USL Championship season and finished with 52 appearances in two seasons for the South Texas club. The Auckland, New Zealand native led the team in clearances with 109 and finished second in blocked shots with 22. The defender finished with 45 interceptions and 112 clearances in his first season with the club in 2018.
The 23-year-old joined the Dynamo on three short-term agreements in 2019. The defender was brought to BBVA Stadium as the Dynamo defeated Austin Bold FC in the Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup Fourth Round on June 11. Adams remained with the team as they hosted Minnesota United in the following round of the U.S. Open Cup on June 18 and returned to Houston in July for the Leagues Cup quarterfinal versus Club America.
The defender was one of five new players signed to the club prior to the 2018 USL Championship season after a three-year career at San Diego State University. Adams earned United Soccer Coaches All-Far West Region honors three times and Pac-12 All-Academic Honorable Mention in 2016. He was a member of the U-17 and U-20 All Whites national team pool.
With the addition of Adams, the Dynamo now have 27 players under contract for the 2020 season. Adams has a green card and will not occupy an international spot.
FULL NAME: Kyle Adams
DATE OF BIRTH: Nov. 20, 1996 (23 years old)
BIRTHPLACE: Auckland, New Zealand
HOMETOWN: Auckland, New Zealand
PREVIOUS CLUB: Rio Grande Valley FC
FIFA NATIONALITY: New Zealand
TRANSACTION: The Houston Dynamo sign DF Kyle Adams.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from January 25, 2020
- Real Salt Lake Acquires General Allocation Money from LAFC - Real Salt Lake
- LAFC Signs 18-Year-Old Midfielder Bryce Duke - Los Angeles FC
- Quebecois Defender Zachary Brault-Guillard Transferred to the Impact - Montreal Impact
- Three FC Dallas Homegrowns Part of USMNT 22-Player Travel Roster for Final Prep Ahead of USA-Costa Rica Match - FC Dallas
- Houston Dynamo Sign Defender Kyle Adams from RGV FC - Houston Dynamo
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Houston Dynamo Stories
- Houston Dynamo Joins Major League Soccer for 'MLS UNITES' Campaign in Response to COVID-19
- Dynamo Classic Rewind Series to Re-Broadcast Most Memorable Matches in Club History
- Major League Soccer and National Women's Soccer League Extend Training Moratoriums
- Kiki Struna Undergoes Successful Arthroscopic Surgery to Treat Left Knee
- BBVA Classic Between Houston Dynamo and Cruz Azul Postponed