Houston Dash Waive Forward Thembi Kgatlana and Midfielder Linda Motlhalo
HOUSTON - The Houston Dash waived forward Thembi Kgatlana and midfielder Linda Motlhalo, the club announced today.
Kgatlana joined Houston on Feb. 17, 2018 through the discovery process from the University of Western Cape. The forward scored two goals and tallied three assists for the Dash in her lone season with the club.
Motlhalo signed for the Dash on Feb. 1, 2018 as a discovery player after two seasons in South Africa's Sasol League with JVW F.C. The midfielder scored a goal and tallied an assist in 21 appearances for the Dash.
Houston now have three international players on the roster: forwards Rachel Daly (England) and Kyah Simon (Australia), and defender Clare Polkinghorne (Australia).
• Discuss this story on the National Women's Soccer League message board...
National Women's Soccer League Stories from February 5, 2019
- Houston Dash Waive Forward Thembi Kgatlana and Midfielder Linda Motlhalo - Houston Dash
- Reign FC Waives Forward Elizabeth Addo - Reign FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Houston Dash Stories
- Four Houston Dash Players Named to CanWNT Roster for 2019 FIFA Women's World Cup
- Jamaica Names Houston Dash Forward Kayla McCoy to 2019 FIFA Women's World Cup Preliminary Roster
- Houston Dash Defender Ari Romero Called to Mexican Women's National Team for Two Friendlies
- Houston Dash Fall to Chicago Red Stars Despite Late Push for Equalizer
- Three Points: First-Place Dash Host the Chicago Red Stars this Evening