Houston Dash to Conduct Voluntary Individual Workouts this Afternoon, Dynamo to Begin Thursday
HOUSTON - Houston Sports Park (HSP) will welcome the Houston Dash back for voluntary household workouts on Wednesday afternoon, and the Houston Dynamo will return for voluntary individual workouts on Thursday morning, the club announced today.
The protocols and timeline presented to the players for the voluntary individual workouts were approved by each league along with local authorities. The players return to organized activity at HSP for the first time since March 12, when MLS suspended the regular season due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
The workout protocol set by Major League Soccer does not allow media access to Houston Sports Park and restricts access to players and essential staff. The Dash will follow a similar protocol and adhere to safety guidelines and social distancing measures for players and staff. Dynamo and Dash communications staff will provide broll, sound and a transcript after individual workout sessions this week.
The next phase for the Dynamo in Major League Soccer's timeline to resume play will be small group training sessions at HSP. The current training moratorium on small group and full-team training sessions for both teams remains in place through Friday, May 15.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from May 6, 2020
- COO & Sporting Director Paul McDonough Provides Details on Individual Workouts - Inter Miami CF
- Portland Timbers to Return to Individual Workouts Thursday - Portland Timbers
- Whitecaps FC Forward Yordy Reyna Enters 14-Day Quarantine After Breaking Physical Distancing Protocols - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Wells Fargo Helps Earthquakes Extend Neighborhood Heroes Initiative - San Jose Earthquakes
- MNUFC and Michelob Golden Light Say "Thank You MN" to Healthcare Workers - Minnesota United FC
- MLS Unites to Thank Frontline and Essential Workers - MLS
- Atlanta United players return to Children's Healthcare of Atlanta Training Ground for individual workouts - Atlanta United FC
- Atlanta United Partners with American Family Insurance and Gusto to Kick off Nurses Appreciation Week - Atlanta United FC
- Houston Dash to Conduct Voluntary Individual Workouts this Afternoon, Dynamo to Begin Thursday - Houston Dynamo
- Our Real Heroes: Dr. Raymond Franklin & Dr. Steve Cheung - Orlando City SC
- MLSE Community Food Donation Program Expands to Include Bmo Field and Bmo as Partners Team up to Help 'Bring Toronto Back to Its Feet' - Toronto FC
- Today at Inter Miami: Players Begin Individual Workouts at Inter Miami CF Training Complex - Inter Miami CF
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Houston Dynamo Stories
- Houston Dynamo FC Acquire Defender Tim Parker from New York Red Bulls
- Houston Dynamo FC Add MartÃÂn Vasquez to Coaching Staff
- Houston Dynamo Acquire Forward Maximiliano "Maxi" Urruti from Club de Foot Montreal
- Houston Dynamo FC Sign Winger Tyler Pasher from Indy Eleven
- Houston Dynamo FC Signs MF Joe Corona