Houston Dash Sign Midfielder Meleana Shim
HOUSTON - The Houston Dash have signed midfielder Meleana "Mana" Shim, the club announced today.
Shim, 26, joins Houston after spending a portion of 2017 in Sweden with Vaxjo DFF. The midfielder spent the first half of the year with Portland Thorns FC prior moving to Europe.
Shim began her professional career with Portland in 2013 after the Thorns signed her as a discovery player. The Santa Clara University product was named Portland's Newcomer of the Year as a rookie in 2013. The midfielder scored nine goals and tallied nine assists in 74 appearances for the Thorns and won the 2013 NWSL Championship.
Shim will join Houston as the Dash travel to the Pacific Northwest for the Thorns Spring Invitational from March 11-17. The Dash return to Texas on March 18 to prepare for the club's home opener at 4 p.m. on Sunday, March 25 at BBVA Compass Stadium as they host Julie Ertz, Sam Kerr and the Chicago Red Stars. Tickets for the match start at $19 and are now available here or by calling (713)-276-GOAL.
• Discuss this story on the National Women's Soccer League message board...
National Women's Soccer League Stories from March 6, 2018
- Orlando Pride Re-Signs Australian International Alanna Kennedy - Orlando Pride
- Houston Dash Sign Midfielder Meleana Shim - Houston Dash
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Houston Dash Stories
- Houston Dash Fall 5-0 to North Carolina Courage in Regular Season Finale
- Houston Dash DF Taylor Comeau, MF Sofia Huerta Named to NWSL Team of the Month
- Houston Dash Record Dominant 6-1 Victory in Home Finale
- Two Houston Dash Players Named to U-23 USWNT for Nordic Tournament
- Houston Dash Fall to Seattle Reign FC 2-0 After Two Second-Half Goals