Houston Dash sign DF Annika Schmidt
HOUSTON "" The Houston Dash signed defender Annika Schmidt to a one-year contract through 2021. The Dash also hold an option to extend the contract through 2022.
Schmidt native joins the Dash after spending the preseason with the team as a trialist prior to the 2020 season. The Zionsville, Indiana native continued the 2020 season overseas when she signed with GÃ¶teborg FC in Sweden on June 14, 2020.
Schmidt spent the final three years of her college career at Butler University becoming a stout three-year starter on the Bulldogs' backline. The 23-year-old was a three-time All-BIG EAST First Team selection and a two-time United Soccer Coaches First Team All-Region choice. As an anchor for the Bulldogs, Schmidt started in 53 out of 57 career appearances, scoring five goals and tallying two assists.
Before playing at Butler, Schmidt spent her freshman year in 2016 at the University of Connecticut where the defender scored a goal in 15 appearances for the Huskies.
• Discuss this story on the National Women's Soccer League message board...
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Houston Dash Stories
- Houston Dash Travel to Pacific Northwest to Take on OL Reign Tonight
- Houston Dash Open Challenge Cup with Scoreless Draw against Chicago Red Stars
- Dash Host Chicago for NWSL Challenge Cup Rematch at BBVA Stadium Tonight
- Houston Dash Unveil 2021 Luv Ya Dash Secondary Kits
- Houston Dash Announce 2021 28-Player Roster